“A Vacation Paradise!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“A Vacation Paradise!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is out choice for vacation. They really understand the importance of a totally first class guest experience. There is something for everyone in your family and it doesn't matter if it is a family getaway or a romantic getaway, Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort has it all !! The resort goes above and beyond to make each and every guest happy! Why would anyone look for anything else when you have it all at this resort? Thank you for making our vacation one to remember and we definitely plan to return!!

Room Tip: Every accommodation there is exceptional !
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Beth S, Manager at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Louis Y,

We want to thank you for your wonderful review of your stay with us here at Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort. We are so pleased to see that you and your family had such a great time with us and created memories that will last a lifetime. We have so much to offer our registered guests and we are so happy you had a chance to experience our 2400 acres and some of our complimentary amenities. We look forward to you visiting us again to experiencing our wonderful resort and amazing guest service.

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Pittsford, Vermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We will never stay here again. We stayed in Beachfront 2. We were promised a unit with a sunset view and when we opened the door to our unit is was facing straight East with a wall parallel to the beach. When we went back to the front desk, we were told no other units were available and had to spend the night in the first unit. The following day, after talking to at least 5 agents and explaining our situation to every one of them, we finally were moved to the other side of the building. It did face west but that was the only positive (Beachfront 1 blocked most of the view). The unit looked like it hadn't been upgraded since the 70's! 14 year old mattress (yuck!), dirty windows, dirty carpet, cheap appliances, rotted front door frame that would move when you shut the door, the list goes on...

Room Tip: If can't see a pic of the room online, don't book it!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rob05763,

Thank you for your most recent stay with us here at Sandestin. We were saddened to see that you were not completely satisfied with your accommodations and your stay. We strive to meet all of our guests needs and I apologize we failed you. We do hope you will reconsider and try Sandestin again in the future. We have so much to offer and what you experienced was unacceptable. Please feel free to contact me at executiveoffice@sandestin.com and I will personally take care of your reservations for you and your family. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and we look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

West Memphis, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We went the last week of march and stayed at Beachside 1, weather wasn't great but the awesome condo made up for it! Great price too! But, the pull out bed in the sofa could've been a lot better, the only thing I can say about this condo that isn't positive is that. 9/10

• Stayed March 2013
Beth S, Manager at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Paxton M,

Thank you for sharing your Sandestin experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your business and for you choosing to stay with us. We apologize the weather did not cooperate while you were here. We wish we could make the sun shine each and every day of the year for our guests. We have so much to do and we do hope you had a chance to enjoy some of our amenities. Again, we thank you for your business and we look forward to your next visit...we know the sun will be shining bright and you will be able to enjoy all of our 2400 acres!

Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

THE place to stay on the Emerald Coast! Wide variety of accommodations in all price ranges. User and family friendly with terrific transportation system to get around the property. Clean well maintained beaches, bike rentals, super selection of golf courses, large selection of quality and affordable restaurants with tasty offerings, clean well maintained pools and the Village of Baytown Wharf offers everything a guest with kids could want! Check in was a breeze with knowledgeable and friendly staff. The rooms were clean, well maintained and equipped for a vacationing family! Housekeeping was efficient and prompt with attention to detail that is usually found only at a five star resort! We were impressed and know you will be to! Hint... Try the Marina Grill or BBQ stand! Executive Chef Jay will make your mouth water with a tempting menu, friendly service and reasonable prices. Thanks Jay for providing super service and an outstanding meal! This reviewer and his family will be back!

• Stayed April 2013
HospitalityPros,

Thank you so much for choosing Sandestin and for the great five star review. We see you had an amazing time with us here at the resort. It seems you had a chance to take in all we have to offer...especially plenty of our wonderful food and beverage. Chef Jay does and amazing job and the food and beverage is always outstanding. Whether it is a BBQ at the beach on the weekends to the wings and such at the Marina Bar and Grill...it is all mouth watering and fulfilling. Again, thank you for your review, we appreciate your business and we look forward to you visiting us again soon!

Enterprise, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

This is the 3rd time my family and I have stayed at this resort. The building we stayed in was called the "Bahia". It was very clean and spacious. It had a queen bed and fold out couch that was big enough for two adults. The room also had a kitchenette that was stocked with enough dinnerware for a family of four. The room was equipped with a 32inch flat screen tv with a VCR/DVD combo. Out of the three times we have stayed here this was the second room that was worth the price. Sandestin is a resort community so the rooms that you stay in are as nice as the owners want to make them. The only reason we have stayed here is usaully the other hotels we have stayed at are booked up. The best part about the resort is the wharf area that has restaurants, bars, shops and entertainment areas.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hueyking,

Thank you for your review and your most recent stay with us. We appreciate you choosing Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. We have so much to offer among our 2400 acres, including the Village of Baytowne Wharf, sugar white sand beaches and many complimentary amenities. We are please to see you enjoyed it all. Bahia is a great location to enjoy the Village and the Grand Complex. Again, we thank you for your business and we look forward to your next stay.

Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I made my reservations through Hotels.com. Therefore, all that I knew when I booked was that I had requested a 1 bedroom condo. Looking at the pictures online, it appeared that we would be near the beach. As in, near enough to walk. We could've walked to the beach, but it was probably a couple mile walk. And across a major street, unless we went through a tunnel.

There were free shuttles that ran approximately every 30 minutes. We made use of the shuttles at the beginning of the trip, until we realized that we literally could be waiting 30 minutes for a shuttle that would stop at every section before we got to the Pilot House area (near the end of the line, almost to the Grand Sandestin). So, we got smart and drove across to the beach, so we could come and go at our leisure. There was also supposed to be an express shuttle, which ran only from The Grand Sandestin to the beach and back, but we never saw it.

So the first letdown and most assuredly my mistake, for not verifying how near to the beach we'd be, was that we literally were not near the beach. When we go to the beach, we want to be ON the beach. When you get to the beach, you can rent chairs and umbrellas. However, the chairs are $20/each/day, so if you have a very big family, you may want to bring your own.

We stayed in The Pilot House, at the Villages of Baytown Wharf, I believe. The unit itself was fairly nice. There were several small things that needed attention, but nothing that made the stay frustrating. The unit was a 1-1, with two pullout sofa sleepers, neither of which had a mattress that was usable. My teenage son, who camps and sleeps in sleeping bags, could not sleep on either, with the springs poking into him. So don't plan to use the sleeper sofas unless you bring something to pad the mattress, like a sleeping bag.

The resort itself was beautiful and nicely maintained. However, most of the staff we interacted with were less than friendly. The doormen at The Grand Sandestin were the nicest employees we encountered. Seriously. When we entered our unit, I noticed that even though I had checked in for 3 people, there were only towels for 2 people. So I called the front desk and was told that they would have to charge me for more towels, as we didn't have towel service. I was not asking for something in the middle of the night, and I expect a set of towels for all renters. So I questioned this and was transferred to another rep, and the towels arrived shortly thereafter, with no charge.

We were able to always find a spot in the parking garage, which was nice. There was a lot of traffic in and out of the resort, as well as traffic into Baytown Village, so sometimes I had to wait several minutes to get near the garage. Also, as there are a lot of stores and restaurants in the village area, there was a lot to do. We did not try any of the restaurants, so I can't comment on any. With all that there was to do, though, be aware that it is not overly quiet in the area, especially in the evening. We were not bothered by the noise whatsoever, but others might be.

The walking paths were not very well lit at night. The hallways were well lit. The pools were also nice. There appear to be pools at each resort location, as well as some that are accessible to all guests.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor, so we had to walk up the stairs or take the elevator to the parking ga...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
LaurieTN,
We thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. We are saddened to see you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We have so much to offer and many different types of units. I am sorry you were not better informed by Hotels.com as to where your unit was located. When making your next reservation we are confident one of our reservationist here at the resort will find just the perfect unit for you and your family. We do hope you had a chance to take advantage of many of our complimentary amenities while you were here. Please feel free to contact me at executiveoffice@sandestin.com when making your next reservation. We look forward to your next stay!

Shalimar
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The Sandestin seems to be a nice little resort. I think they could use a couple more restaurants/attractions on the beach side of the resort, but they do offer a shuttle free of charge into the bay side which has the Baytown Wharf (Nice little area, a bit over priced, but it's a resort). I hope the accommodations at in their other buildings is better, but not having stayed there I cant say.

My wife and I stayed at the Luau 1, and were promised a "true" ocean view room (since it was not a building directly on the beach), and that it would not be just a "peek" at the ocean. Well... It was just that, there was a sliver of ocean we could see between two large buildings about 1000 yards away... Not that bad since we had a nice view of a golf course and palm trees. However, there was only one ice machine in the 20 story building, and it was out of order! Really!? Had to buy a bag of ice and shove it in the mini fridge freezer to keep from walking to another building to fill the bucket for the three day stay. Another thing, there was no bed spread on the bed, just sheets and your standard blanket. And then there's the $75 32 inch tube TV that you wont be able to read the ticker on any channel cause the pixelation is so bad.

I filled out their survey with a respectful and fair evaluation, noting the great shortcomings of their Luau facility at the conclusion of my stay, and figured they'd at least throw me a bone by giving me a discount something or other or a free meal at one of their resturants. But that I guess would be to much to keep my business.

I guess this is what you get when you stay in a resort with all its condos owned by someone else, and they don't want to spend any money on their facilities. It is in their best interest to make sure common services like vending work in their buildings, and that room accommodations are up to date. I guess that's not a priority, so they will not be my priority choice for a vacation stay in the future, and I would not recommend it be yours...

VR

Josh

Room Tip: Don't stay in the Luau buildings!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JoshA364,

We appreciate your business and we thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sandestin. We are sorry to see you were not satisfied with your stay in Luau Towers. We do our best to see that all of our guests requests are met regarding unit placement and I am sorry we failed you and your family in this regard. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again. We have many beachfront unit is Beachside Towers and Westwinds. We are confident we could find just the right unit for you and your family. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and we do hope you choose to visit us again.

Regards,

Been to Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!