“A place for relaxation and activities for the atheletic traveler.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort to your Saves list
Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   9300 Emerald Coast Pkwy West, Sandestin, FL 32550   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Sandestin
Madison, Mississippi
“A place for relaxation and activities for the atheletic traveler.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

I love the Sandestin resort. I have been there many times. I have stayed on the beach side and on the Bayside. While we were there we biked, walked, swam in the pool and played tennis. Be sure to make reservations in advance online for the dinner on the boat that is near the bike rental shop on the village side. I highly recommend Carraba's Italian Restaurant off of the resort. We ate at a few places at the resort like the pizza place and Poppy's Seafood factory. Poppy's was ok and didnt quite meet my exceptations. This was because there was no sea bass with mango sauce on the menu anymore and the red fish I ordered was ok. The potatoes were just too oily. The pizza plAcedidn't tell us they only serve pizza and not their sandwiches, etc on the menu after a certain time. It was a ood place to watch the football game.

• Stayed October 2012
Beth S, Manager at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear ilovestrawberrycake,
We want to thank you for your most recent stay with us here at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. It looks as though youand your family had a great time and enjoyed many of the complimentary activities we offer our rental guests. The Village is a great place for food and fun...from Pizza to steak and several places to watch a great ballgame, we have a little bit for the entire family. We want to thank you for your continued support of Sandestin and for choosing to stay with us time and again when you are in the area. We have the most amazing beaches, accommodations and activities for the entire family. We look forward to your next visit!

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I celebrated out 10 year anniversary with a week's vacation at Luau II. We enjoyed it so much we stayed an extra night! It's a short walk to the beautiful white sand beaches and we love the saltwater pool (with a waterfall) and the saltwater hot tub. The rooms aren't anything special, but are comfy, clean and spacious and the bed was great. The 1 bedroom has everything you need - full kitchen + washer and dryer. And there's 2 big gas grills on the property. We spent most of our days on the beach and at the pool, followed by a soak in the hot tub and then we grilled fresh seafood for dinner. (Destin has great seafood shops). Or you can catch the shuttle to the village which has shops, restaurants and bars. The village is a bit "touristy" and can be pricey, but it's fun. You can rent bikes by the week or day and they'll deliver them to you. The bike trails are nice and it's a lot of fun riding around Sandestin. The resort is huge. There's a sunset terrace in Luau II and there's a mini golf course nearby. And it's in the middle of a golf course as well.
Housekeeping isn't included, which didn't bother us, but you can pay to get your room cleaned while you're there if you want.
The best rooms are in Luau II on the higher floors overlooking the pool and all the rooms have a balcony. (Luau II is closer to the pool and the beach)
We had a blast, you can do a lot or just take it easy. I could go on and on about it....but I will say we'll be back! We love it!

Room Tip: The best rooms are in Luau II on the higher floors overlooking the pool and all the rooms have a bal...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Dale B,

Thank you for choosing to spend your anniversary with us here at Sandestin. We are so happy to hear that you both enjoyed the resort and all we have to offer. I see you enjoyed Luau and the great saltwater pool and hot tub...that is one of the best pools we have on the property. The sunsets from the balcony and the observation deck at Luau is the best ever. I see you also took advantage of the outdoor gas grills for some of our famous gulf seafood! We are so glad you were able to enjoy all of the complimentary amenities we offer our guests...from bikes to tennis to complimentary transportation...we try to meet all of our guests needs. Again, we thank you for choosing Sandestin as your celebration spot for your 10th anniversary. We look forward to you celebrating your 11th here with us next year too!

Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were there for a large HS Reunion hosted at the Baytowne Resort. We stayed in the Lasota bldg, in a studio near the Conference Center w a queen bed & pullout couch. I was surprised to see an iron w board, dishes/glasses/cups, utensils as well as the microwave and small frig. Daily we had plenty of towels/washcloths and room cleanup.The grounds are well kept and all the staff we met very courteous and helpful. I have mobility issues. We asked for a walkin shower but were given a unit w a tub. They did offer to change but we made it work. They do have ramps on the grounds as well as elevators. The resort is wheelchair and walker friendly. There is an underground garage close to the residences. Our large group (>125) was accommodated very well!

Room Tip: Any mobility issues ask for a walk in shower. Ask for a room near an elevator. The layout maps are n...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Beth S, Manager at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
JessicaLC24,
Thank you so much for posting a review about your stay with us. We are so glad your High School chose to host your 2013 class reunion with us here at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. I interacted with a few of the attendees and I know that everyone had a great time and enjoyed the time of catching up with old friends. We are happy to see you were pleased with your accommodations in Lasata and that our staff took care of all your needs. We are truly a guest service oriented resort and I see we were successful in making your stay here with us a memorable one. We look forward to your class sharing their next reunion with us here at Sandestin as well. We thank you for your business and look forward to your return.
richardson, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We recently held a high school reunion at the Baytowne Wharf condo complex. We had asked for a three bedroom, three bath, and when we checked in, I asked if we had that. The clerk said yes. When we got to the room, however, we only saw two bedrooms and two baths. The clerk had neglected to tell us we had the adjoining suite as well. We stayed in the Lasota. All in all it all worked out. The condo was very nice and we had plenty of room. The nearness to our reunion activities was a real plus, and to top it off, the little village had so many shops and amenities. We were all pleasantly surprised. Everyone was friendly, and the little minor adjustments were quickly fixed (brokern hair dryer in one bathroom, and burned out lamp in one bedroom). They could have given us better directions to the underground parking garage. Thanks!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Alicia,
We are so glad that you all chose to have your class reunion with us here at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. I know the entire class had a great time and enjoyed seeing old friends and catching up. We have great meeting space at the Baytowne Conference Center that I know worked well for your special occassion. So happy to see you were pleased with your unit and all it had to offer. I apologize for any inconveniences you encountered in regards to your unit and amenities. We strive hard to meet all of our guests needs and accommodate all requests. Sandestin is a great destination for special times such as this, with something for everyone to enjoy as they catch up with classmates and make new memories. Again, we appreciate you all choosing Sandestin and we look forward to hosting your next reunion.
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Our family loved our Spring Break trip to the Sandestin Resort. Yet, it is not for everyone and you need to fully understand what you are looking for in a destination and then try to match it up with the options that are available. We did our homework well, so Sandestin Resort fit like a glove. We were a family of five but were part of a loosely associated group of families also traveling on spring break (each had 4-6 people).

The Sandestin Resort had enough for everyone. The teenagers utilized the basketball court (Beachside) and other sporting opportunities along the beach. They went ziplining and rode bicycles on the winding paths throughout the resort. The younger ones had plenty to do as well. In summary, there is NOT a shortage of activities for kids in addition to regular beach stuff.

For adults, where you stay is important. We stayed 2 nights at the Beachside Towers and I did not like it one bit. Yes, we were beachside, but it was loud and too much "spring breaky" for my tastes (I'm older now). However, older teenagers would love that location. In the village area there are many lodging options that would be ideal for couples or groups without youngsters. Many restaurants and bar options to choose from. If golf is your passion, two other areas of the resort has townhomes and condos for rent that are away from the beach action, but close to the golf action that you came for. I do like to play golf, so if it were a buddies trip or couples only, that's where I would stay. However, I do like the beach as well, so staying Beachside is important as I can drive across the resort for my golf fix. Mornings found some in our extended "group" taking beach walks, others riding a bicycle, some relaxing with breakfast on the balcony, and others playing tennis or golf.

After two days we moved into a different condo unit (Westwinds) and loved it. We had a 3 bedroom unit that was perfect as another family was going to join us on their way back from South Florida. We had a daily cocktail hour on our balcony that overlooked the water. We used the gas grills on the grounds to grill steaks and salmon when we had a large gathering for dinner (other families that were there). It was a great adult time, as the teens and kids went to the pool, beach, and hot tubs at night and the adults found it very relaxing.

For dinner options (restaurant variety), we ate twice in the Village and found them both acceptable (not outstanding, but good enough). We traveled down the main road and ate Italian food at Fat Clemenza's (highly recommended). We had fresh fish at another resort down the way (about 5-6 miles) across from the amusement park (forgot the name). We also did two chain restaurant nights and went to Hard Rock Cafe and ?????.

To recap, it is not Sanibel Island where we normally vacation. It is not serene. It is more Myrtle Beach than Miami Beach. That's ok, though, as we were looking for a location that provided enough amenities to please 20-30 people and the Sandestin Resort certainly did that.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Lee C,
Thank you so much for your review of Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. I see that you and your family had a great time with us during Spring Break 2012. It is a busy time of year for us here at the resort and our area as a whole. So glad to see you were able to all enjoy the Village of Baytowne Wharf and all it has to offer as well as all of the complimentary amenities we offer our guests. There is certainly something for everyone to enjoy. We are happy to see you enjoyed your accommodations beach front and that you love Westwinds. We have the most beautiful beaches there are and the balconies from all of our beach front units are the perfect place to enjoy the sunrise and sunsets over the Gulf of Mexico. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.
Ridley Park, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a great hotel in Sandestin Florida. The food is great and so are the accommodations. The complex is quite spectacular in size and decor. Great outdoor pool although it can still be a bit brisk in Florida's panhandle. Walk through the town in the complex. Enjoy its nautical shops and wonderful eating establishments. Seafood, Cajun food and much more. Emeril televisions famous chef has a Restauant here. Walk out onto one of the long reaching boat docks for a beautiful view of the waterways.

An enjoyable and fun place to spend a night or two.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Beth S, Manager at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
RLW306,
Thank you for choosing Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort on your most recent stay in our area. We are so pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed all we have to offer. We do have great food, accomodations and entertainment. Sounds as if you caught some of our amazing sunrises and sunsets from one of the many docks we have on the property. You are sure to get an amazing view of the sunset over the bay if you are in the Village or at Baytowne Marina at sunset. We appreciate your business and you sharing your wonderful stay with us here at the resort. We look forward to your next stay and having you enjoy all of the complimentary amenities we have to offer.

Beth
Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I just returned from the Sandestin Golf and Bch resort and sorry to report it was very disappointing. Let me start with the Le Ciel which looks quite beautiful online but is really quite a dump. The pool picture must have been shot with a special camera because it's nothing close to the picture. I booked a suite there, but decided to change to another building when I arrived. Reason: There was a busload with a pretty disgusting group of people checking in upon my arrival and let me say they were not even close to motel 6 caliber customers. Enough said. The lobby clerks (2 of them I believe ) couldn't handle the massive amount of checkins and I am sure it would have taken an hour to check in standing with scum of the earth. I wouldn't want to have stayed there with that group believe me. The building is an ugly looking hotel with renovated lobby and as stated the pool is nothing much and had plenty of low lifes in it too. One has to wonder if the rooms look as nice as the pictures if the pool is such a misrepresentation.
I went to a beachside building instead which was ok but nothing great. It had older beat up furniture and there was no service whatsoever... No one there to see for anything. No maid service, no one to get even an extra towel from, no help with luggage, nothing. Not even a snack machine. Only a soda machine on the parking level. The room also had freezing cold very strong blowing air in the bathrooms and one side of the living room area, but the bedroom and other side of living area were warm with little or no air. So freeze your butt off after and during a shower and sweat once you thaw out in the bedroom. I have to say this will be my last trip to Sandestin Golf and Beach Club. Even Baytowne wharf had a good number of seedy looking people and no real attractions there except some minimal attractions for kids like trampolines and sky ride. Whoopee.
Do yourself a big favor and rent a condo somewhere else or get a room at Watercolor or Seaside or another nicer place than this. You won't be making a mistake if you do that.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Beth S, Manager at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
chuck p,

We are sorry to see you did not enjoy your stay with us here at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort and that you were not happy with your accomodations. We offer many other types of accomodations around the resort. We thank you for your comments as we take these seriously and use them to improve our operation on a daily basis. We appreciate your business. If you would like to speak further about your stay, please contact me at executiveoffice@sandestin.com.
Regards,

Been to Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!