Well, the room was clean, that is as far as I can go with "kudos". The "Studio/Condo" was little more than an oversized closet. The room didn't even have as much as a chair in the unit. Two queen sized beds, 2 night stands and an old beat up small dresser that held an outdated small (did I say small?) TV. The bathroom had only one towel bar and the sink was held up by two makeshift metal poles, or it would have fallen off the wall. There was no area in the bathroom to lay out your cosmetics or personal items, and no place to dry a towel, other than 1 towel bar,
The comical thing is, the room had a full set of flatware, plates, glasses, and place mats, but there was no table and chairs to use them at. There were no plastic cups available to take to the pool and the snack bar was not ever open at the pool to purchase refreshments. Although, the pool area was very nice!
We called when we discovered no Wi-Fi, they sent up an Ethernet cord, but there was no connection (it was not our computer).
Signage in the hallways of the rooms was terrible. We entered from the guest parking garage and had a hard time trying to figure out how to exit to the "Baytowne Wharf" area.
The Baytowne Wharf area was interesting, but the customer service was not there. Nearly every place we went (restaurants), the staff was pre-occupied with their lap tops and iPhones, and we seemed to be intruding. The only place that we received excellent service and food was at the Marlin Grill. We tended to gravitate there, since the bartender and other staff, were super friendly and helpful.
It was made known to us by everywhere we went, that this time of year is "dead" and "off season" (Sept-May), so it was surprising that we did not get better customer service, as one would assume they were not over worked, and it appeared they could really use more business.
Overall, it was a "ho-hum" experience, and I am not in a rush to return to the Sandestin Resort, but the beaches are gorgeous in that area!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandestin Golf And Beach Hotel Sandestin
- Sandestin Hotel And Beach
- Sandestin Resort And Beach
- Sandestin Golf Beach Resort
- Sandestin Resort Florida