“The inmates are running the asylum.” 2 of 5 stars

800-622-1038
Improve this listing
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Owner description: The newest addition to the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, the Raven features a challenging course with a gorgeous natural backdrop.
3 attraction reviews
“The inmates are running the asylum.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful course. Top Quality. Inside staff seemed friendly enough once you made it past the worst possible phone demeanor one can imagine. Starter was nice and helped us on our way, and then... The 5 hour round. And NOT ONE person cared. Paid near $150 per person and the course allowed a group of 4 old guys to clog the entire course. We sat on every shot from the 5th hole on. I expect better than a 5 hour round for what I Paid. Where is the Marshal?

Visited July 2014

Greenwood, Indiana
“Great course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Course was in great condition. Played from the sliver tees. Ninth and eleventh holes are very challenging. Well worth the price especially the twilight rate of $69. My favorite course in Destin and maybe my all time favorite. Highly recommend.

Visited June 2014
Texarkana, Arkansas
10 attraction reviews
“Glad we used our Raincheck!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We got rained out on July 4 last year and received a rain check for the Raven . May 14 we walked in the pro shop and got a tee time for that next day! NO PROBLEM!

The staff was so friendly and nice to us! They remembered the rains last July and understood our wanting to return.

What a beautiful course!!!! It is magnificent!!! Large open fairways and just enough bunkers and water to make it interesting to play. This course is challenging!

Visited May 2014
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
“The Best Option for Golf in the Destin area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I like to play golf, so I may be a bit more picky than most golfers who play casually. That said, I rank the courses that I just played in Destin this way: Raven, Regatta Bay, Links, Kelly Plantation, Santa Rosa Golf Club, Baytowne.

Raven is wonderful from the start. Wide fairways make the tee shot much forgiving, but it tightens greatly around the green complexes. Good strategic bunkering and undulating greens. Course conditioning is very good (compared to some of the others I listed). It is in a subdivision, so houses are visiable around the course, but do not crowd the course in any way nor do they subtract from the beauty.

Not sure why they build two hole # 16's (A and B). Since they turn to the right, seems like they just could have had one par four that doglegs tot he right, but that's a question for RTJ, the course architech.

Raven is priced around $125 during the high saeason, but you can always get that reduced by playing at 2pm and if so, the rate drops to $69. Well worth the green fee. It is the one course that I will always play when in the Destin area.

The Links course has water on so many holes and very tight tee shots. It cuts along the bay and is quite beautiful. the problem is the greens took a huge beating this winter and were terrible! How bad? So bad I almost asked for our money back but instead, played on because I do like the course otherwise.

Baytowne is bad and not worth your money. Go play Regatta Bay or Kelly Plantation which are both vastly superior (but will cost more). Why Baytowne has a higher green fee than The Links is a mystery.

Visited April 2014
Buffalo, New York
11 attraction reviews
“Way too much sand”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Title says it all. Traps were large, long and one after another on some holes. I wanted to go to the beach but not while playing golf. Tee markers were black, silver, white & gold and very hard to tell apart. Workers very friendly.

Visited April 2014