“Start your day on the right foot” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
“Start your day on the right foot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

ABE is wonderful! My husband and I shared the Mardi Gras omelette and cinnamon roll French toast- OMG! You owe it to your vacation to check this place out-

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

North Haven, CT
“Best Meal During My Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

This place was great!!! I loved the outside seating and the menu items. There were 6 of us and each of us had a fantastic meal whether we were ordering breakfast or lunch.

The prices are not bad at all and for the wonderful flavors and great service, it is quite a bargain.

• Visited February 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dallas, Texas
“THE EGG and Jebena...A hipster responds.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

Oh Jebena honey ... I don't know what to address first! ABE or YOU! We travel extensively... world wide....but when in the US...we always seek out Another Broken Egg Cafes...exicited to see each opening throughout the country! I think it would be accurate to say I am HIP...and I might add have not had a hip replacement as yet...but hope if and when I do ... I am still able to sashay into my favorite breakfast/brunch cafe...
Our family has long enjoyed a vacation home on the phenomenal Emerald Coast..and while there we rarely can bring ourselves to breakfast anywhere else...we occassionaly branch out...travel off 30A to dine at ABE in Baytowne or on the Bayside in Sandestin...sometimes traveling all the way in to Destin to enjoy the ABE cafe there... What WE find at each location is superb food...a lovely atmosphere...and incredible friendliness...from the wait staff ... and I must say I have never witnessed any one of them being anything less than gracious to any one...regardless of their "hipness".
Mess up brunch??? kitsch decor??? ...Ug! Ug Ug!???..."cheated by the hip name"...my advice to you Jebena... is to stay home...or at least seek the therapy you refer to... perhaps meet your counselor at Waffle House...you and he can debate "at-ti-tudes" over coffee and perhaps arrive at some arrangement whereby you may in the future avoid ruining your perfect vacation over BRUNCH in a less than "hip" hang out...
Seriously, while I often read the comments of others while I travel, I have NEVER responded to one... I couldn't contain myself on this one. What are you??? a competitor? the spurned girl friend of an employee? a chronic complainer? Your comments beg the question! Such vehemence! Such anger! Sounds like you could use a little whip cream!
As for me and mine...we say "Long live ABE! " We will be there ... whereever you are...enjoying a dining experience unsurpassed! You have made us welcome...and fed us well...and gone out of your way to make our family feel comfortable and extremely satisfied! Many times we have to stand in line...waiting for a table .... How can that be with all that old watered-down paint you are serving? and those ole pancakes with all that BP oil...WELL... I guess some folks just can't get enough!
Never you mind about ole Jebena....most of us who call the Gulf Coast home ... even if it is just part of the year...live in dread of the "Jebena " tourists of the world! "Bitter and demoralized"??? she says? OVER BRUNCH?... PUH-leeze! She sounds bitter alright!
There's a reason that you've been voted Best of the Emerald Coast 10 years running...and we will be back ... again and again.. for just that reason!
Hearing all kinds of rumors about new openings! Congrats!
F. J. Andall

• Visited January 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Birmingham, AL
“Omelets Extraordinaire!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

My husband and I planned to have a late breakfast at Another Broken Egg and we loved the humongous omelets and home-fried potatoes. I had a lobster omelet - topped with diced tomato and succulent bits of lobster in a champagne sauce; husband had "The Works," with bacon, ham, cheese, & veggies. Delicious! Atmosphere was nothing impressive; comfortable, quiet; almost too quiet. Needed soft music.

My one complaint was with a waiter who was supposed to be ours. The hostess who seated us told us that "Chad" or whoever he was would be with us in a moment. Chad never showed. There were two other tables in use while we were there and suck-up boy spent the entire time trotting back and forth between these two tables of clearly affluent elderlies. The hostess ended up taking our order and delivering our food. At no point did Chad (not his real name) acknowledge our existence. As we were preparing to leave, I overheard him tell the hostess, "Somebody really famous is on the way in here!" I'm sure he was groveling at that person's feet by the time the royalty arrived. Knowing that Emeril and Huckabee own properties in the area, maybe he meant one of those. But as a paying customer and a darned good tipper, I'd say that jerk needed to be reprimanded or sacked.

I'd definitely recommend the restaurant but hope you have a new and better waiter to serve you.

• Visited February 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta
“How to make an otherwise terrific vacation blow.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

We were having an amazing vacation in the Gulf this October: weather was perfect, beaches were desolate and clean, the house we were renting and the rental company were awesome... sublime. So we wanted to have brunch on our last Sunday, and in my haste I Googled "Brunch in Santa Rosa Beach." Which is how my family ended up in the abomination that is Another Broken Egg.

It starts the minute you walk in: the kitsch French Country decor was-- it was tauntingly tacky. The crowd was mostly in its 60's-- not that older people should not be allowed to eat brunch. Well....

We felt cheated by the hip name of ABE, which we thought would be a hipster hangout, not necessary a place that caters to the hip replacement crowd.

Our hearts sank further when we saw the menu-- one of those booklets with every combination of belligerently awful food that has existed since early man ate dinosaur shank. And this is different from IHOP, how? Oh, because there is a ceramic rooster perched precariously on a badly designed faux antique table.

But, really? How can anyone mess up brunch? Eggs, coffee, toast... We are simple folk.

Quick question: have you ever tasted coffee with questionable origins and even more questionable coffee-titude? Yes? Welcome. We did have fun trying to figure out what the coffee reminded us of, and we settled on day old watered-down paint.

The waitress was gracious, but was unable to make up for the epic disaster that she ( I can almost swear) apologetically plopped in front of us. C'MON!! Is French toast supposed to taste like clay? Did BP spill oil on the pancakes as well? And something called "cinnamon roll french toast" turned out to be indescribably full of horribleness swimming in multiple layers of canned whipped cream. Really, Another Broken Egg? Really? You hate us that much?

UG! UG! UG! Luckily, our vacation was so memorable that we were able to dismiss this experience-- albeit with the use of repression therapy.

$80 bucks-- YES, $80 bucks for four adults and one kid- later, we were left bitter and demoralized. How can such awfulness exist amidst such beauty? And why?

There is a sign at the entrance of this establishment that states- "Proper Attire Required." I hope resentment and hostility is considered proper attire.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere