“Great Indian food, service and experience.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #414 of 745 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Indian
Jackson, Tennessee
“Great Indian food, service and experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We were visiting our daughter during the holidays and she and her roommate suggested this restaurant that was open on X-MAS day. Since my wife, son and I really like Indian food we said yes. Selection was outstanding from vegetarian, chicken, fish and traditional Indian fare. The food was fresh, tasty, well spiced and authentic. All the different bread and sauces were super. Service was great and the prices very reasonable. Even took some to-go back to Tennessee where we do not have any Indian food!!! If in the area .. please look them up.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Best Indian food in this area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

There are not very many Indian food restaurants in downtown St. Petersburg and so far this is the best one we have found. The service was excellent from the moment we walked in the door. Four of us ordered the mixed appetizer to share and then ordered the butter chicken and a lamb dish plus dal (lentils) and nan and onion kulcha bread. Rice is served with the meal and together with the other items we ordered there was plenty of food. Everything was very good but we all agreed that we would try the chicken tika marsala rather than the butter chicken next time--we didn't like it as well as some other reviewers seemed to. Another plus is that they have Kingfisher Indian beer was goes very well with Indian food. All in all not exceptional food but very good and excellent service at reasonable prices.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Milton Keynes
“Not great indian food!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was surprised actually about this place as I had high hopes for it but what I had was not good Indian food at all. The onion bhajis and the naan bread were good but the chicken tikka was dry and did not taste like it had been marinading that long. The vindaloo that my husband ordered was not spicy at all - it was actually very bland. I think I am going to give up trying to find a decent Indian restaurant here as I doubt one exists. I will stick to Thai instead!

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“To Die For!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

The food and service here is EXCELLENT! You can't go wrong with anything you order but the "Butter Chicken" is the best. Definitely a restaurant to o to in the downtown area!

Visited July 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
“I go here for good indian food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I've read some of the other reviews and although most of what they say is not untrue. They serve great Indian food, which for me is why i go to an indian restaurant.

There garlic nan is some of the best I’ve had (and I’ve been around to find it). There lunch buffet is worth every penny, it varies from day to day how great it is but I’ve never been disappointed. One day the butter chicken in the buffet was so amazing I could not stop eating it. Could not stop! When I go there for dinner I get the chicken tikka masala and it’s always tasty. I don’t go there for the atmosphere or the service, but the food is worth it, and the wait is normally minimal.

• Visited March 2012