“Value location, friendly and helpful staff, 15 min from beach” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 45 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Seattle
“Value location, friendly and helpful staff, 15 min from beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have stayed here before, and the hotel is well run, and clean. The physical property shows some age, but everything works and is well maintained.

The hotel is in a very convenient location, with many restaurants and food stores within a short distance.. A Publix is a block away. The beach on Treasure Island is only a 15 min drive, with parking available ($2/hr or $6 all day)

For a small hotel, the pool area is quite nice. It is more like a courtyard, with chairs and tables available, and a great way to just sit outside and soak up the sun. Of go to the beach which is a very quick drive, if you go west on 9th.

The staff is very helpful, and go out of their way to make your stay an enjoyable one.

I can't thank Christy enough for her excellent service in helping me with a room change. I was in a suite for the weekend, moving to a regular room for my last night, and she was able to accommodate my request on the spot, allowing me to move my stuff to the new room at 9, so I could head out for the beach. This when the hotel had been full the night before. Thank you again, Christy; marvelous service.

It is not the Ritz, but it is well maintained, in a great location with good facilities and a helpful staff. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

would have been a nicer hotel if the drug dealers at the pool had been chased out, peoples hanging out of their hotel room with large parties going on. Felt really uncomfortable here, Staff nice , food okay, but they seem really tolerate of the partiers and druggies, Could be a better hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I went on vacation with my family. The hotel was easy to find. The room was nice. We had two TVs in the room and free Wi-Fi. Which made my kid's happy. Breakfast was Good. The staff was nice. Christy at the front desk made Sure check in and check out was fast.

• Stayed January 2015
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was more than I exepected. Christie at the front desk was very helpful she allowed us to check in early. She also printed out directions for us. Housekeeping made sure my room was always fresh and clean. I will definitely be back.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was pleased with my stay at this comfort inn. The price of my room was reasonable. The room was immaculate. Christi was nice and helped me with my many requests extra towels,wake up call and coutless directions. Everyone made me feel welcome.

• Stayed January 2015
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Let me start by saying the things in the room were nice. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and I like that there is a nice TV, fridge, and microwave.
However, the room itself was below par. Mainly because of all the German cockroaches. When we got in I saw a very small baby Roach on the AC when I turned it on and my husband said some babies had scurried away when he turned the bathroom light on. This I was willing to overlook, we're in fl after all and these things sometimes happen. But then as we're getting ready in the morning there is one crawling up the wall. A few minutes later there is one on the alarm clock.
The final straw that gets me to take the time to write a review is when I go to put on my shoes and there are two baby roaches in them! I could not get out of there fast enough! When we got home I un packed our bag in the garage!
I told the front desk staff at check out that there were roaches in the room and they were nice about it and thanked me for letting them know but I don't think they actually apologized. They said they were " glad to know because the Orchin man had just been there and he guarantees his work ". I sure do want them to get there money's worth, don't worry about mine though.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
New Berlin, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stay here only as a last resort. It looked fine from some of the reviews made the hotel sound decent, but it is anything but. The first room's door wouldn't open, the second had ripped carpet and a broken coffee table and the third smelled funky. The night lady was very helpful in a bad situation.
It has a bad late 70's decor about the whole place. Everything is well worn.
I originally had 3 nights booked, but quickly cancelled all but the one night.
The pool was cold, and the "hot tub" was anything but hot.
Breakfast was very poor as well.
Unless you breakdown in front of the hotel, keep driving.

Stayed January 2015

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites at Tropicana Field? Share your experiences!