“Love the Hilton St Petersburg” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Play Ball Package
Ranked #13 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Florida
“Love the Hilton St Petersburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

We just returned from another great trip to St Pete to attend a Rays game at Tropicana Field. Everything was perfect for our three day visit. The beds and bedding are amazing, room was clean and quiet and staff was always courteous and friendly. I love St Petersburg for a quick getaway to enjoy the downtown area, walk, walk, walk and watch the Rays beat the Yankees. Be sure to go to Saturday Market and eat at Moon Under the Water. There is no other place to stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
MadeiraBeach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

This is the best hotel in Saint Petersburg or, for that matter, the best hotel in Florida! The location is perfect. Beautiful downtown St Pete! The experience from the moment we parked, walking through the cleanest, most elegant lobby, checking in with...yes....the nicest person ever, room...amazing! Just a great experience!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

First off all reading the reviews on trip advisor made me a little nervous. I loved every bit of our stay. Everyone was very nice always asking to help and going out of there way to help. We were there for the Grand Prix race and the location was ideal. We purchased our tix though hotwire so we loved the value. The room was clean, comfy, great shower, nice pillows, etc. Can't go wrong wtih this hotel. $12/night to park. If i ever return to St Peterburg I would stay here.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
miami, fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

Where do I begin?

1. tiny bathroom
2. snail-slow wireless internet
3. lack of parking
4. door keys never work
5. noisy room with thin walls. expect to hear everything your neighbors say, do, and watch
6. room service was sickening

Now ask yourself: is a big tv and a cozy bed worth putting up with all of that for an average nightly rate of $280? I would rate this below every 3 star hotel I've ever stayed at in terms of quality of my stay and even below some 2 stars I stayed at in my younger years.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Gulf Breeze FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

I brought my daughter for a gymnastics meet. I got a great price online and was afraid after reading some of these reviews. I was very pleases when I arrived and was greeted by a very friendly desk staff. They even asked me what floor I would prefer. The rooms were very clean and updated. The beds were so comfortable and I am extremely picky.The bathroom was small, but beautiful and clean. The view was great. I stayed 2 nights and had a wonderful experience. The only negative I could see was that there was no free breakfast and you have to pay $12 per night for parking. The location was wonderful overlooking the marina and pier. Nice to take a walk or run. Grocery store was across the street along with restaurants and shops.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Palm Bay, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

I booked this property for a romantic weekend stay over Valentines. We were going to a concert at the Mahaffey Theater to see Jeffrey Osborne (he was great). I am a Hilton Honors Gold with lots of points from business travel so I picked this property because of the proximity (basically right across the street). I didn’t read the reviews on Trip Advisor as I usually do before reserving the room. After the fact, I read the reviews and was afraid that we were going to be disappointed so I lowered my wife’s expectations of the property.

It turned out that I worried about nothing.

When I arrived, I was promptly informed that I had been upgraded to a suite. The front desk person also comp’ed my parking for the weekend ($12 / day) and gave my free wireless access so that was a nice start to the weekend. The lobby was very nice with many couches in several areas for people to congregate (this is a conference hotel) although I can see where you could miss the front desk if you were not paying attention since the view of it was partially obscured by two large pillars. Overall, check-in was very smooth and the bellman promptly brought our luggage up right away.

The bedroom portion of the suite (normal size bedroom with king bed, lounge chair, and desk/chair) was nice and clean. The bedding was very comfortable as we are bit of snobs about this issues since we sleep on a very expensive and lush pillow-top king sized bed at home. The bathroom was nice with the marble but I can agree that it was on the smaller size. For all the complaints that I read about water pressure, lack of hot water, and questions on the quality of the water, we didn’t experience any issues and I was looking out after reading the reviews.

The other part of the suite is actually another area adjoined that was about 600 sq ft. with a 15 feet dining room table (only four chairs though), two couches, one lounger chair, and another 42” Flat screen TV (like the one in the bedroom). There was also another bathroom (same size) which was nice so my wife and I each had one to ourselves. It also had an entryway with a wet bar area with a good size room refrigerator. I will admit the furniture in the living room/dining room suite part was a little dated looking but was still comfortable and MORE than ENOUGH room for just the two of us. The view was great as we were on the 12th floor and faced the downtown/Pier area with Tampa Bay waterline. The curtains in the bedroom were blackout curtains so we were able to sleep in. I then opened the curtains of the ceiling to floor windows that ran the entire width of the living / dining room area and it gave us quite a view to sip a few cocktails in the room.

We didn’t have any room temperature issues during our stay but we were staying during a cold weekend (in the 40’s at night and 60’s and windy during the day) so I can’t judge on that complaint. The other major complaint that I read about the issues with fire alarms going off. It did go off Friday night about 11pm right after we just got in. They came on over the loud speaker to stay in the rooms and that it was false alarm right way so we didn’t have to walk-down 12 flights of stairs. Thankfully that was the only occurrence.

The property was totally full with a conference for the Florida Student Government Associations for all the community and junior colleges in the state (I spoke with one of the sponsors about the conference on an elevator ride). With as many college students as where there (they were very well behaved), it wasn't noisy at all and only once or twice did we hear any noise from the hall and we were right across from the elevators. The elevators were kind of slow so that took a little while sometimes but we were not in a hurry. One small complaint was the dishes from room service in the hallway that seemed to sit for a long time which could have been picked up by housekeeping quicker but not a big deal.

We made use of the Hilton Honors Lounge on the 15th floor for breakfast both days and drinks on Saturday evening. I agree that the food was about on par in selection / quality of a Hampton (which is not bad in my opinion for a gratis breakfast). The refrigerator there was stocked with bottled water, Coke products, bottled teas, and bottled juices that was very nice as we took a couple back with us to the room for during the day. They also serve Starbucks coffee in this lounge (which is open all day) which really made my wife happy! During the evening they had some light snacks and along with wine and beer (good brands including imports) which was very nice on a Saturday evening being able to have a couple of drinks before heading out for dinner. A lot of higher brand class properties will do an alcohol happy hour during the week but for a weekend night, this had not been my experience so I was very pleased.

The location of the property was great and very conveniently located. There is a Farmer’s market right across the street in the parking lot of the Progress Energy ball park (spring training site) on Saturday from 8am – 2pm with lots of good, local food vendors. We ended up eating our lunch there and enjoyed very much. After getting there Friday night and parking, we didn’t have to get in the car again until Sunday morning when we left – we just walked since everything so close. We walked around and my wife did a little shopping. We also caught an afternoon movie on Saturday (Baywalk Theatres about 6 blocks away). We love the Columbian Restaurant and was planning to dine there on Saturday night (it is located about 8 blocks away at the St. Pete Pier) but took the recommendation from Hilton Honors Lounge Attendant and dined at Ceviche for tapas instead. Wow, it was very good and we really enjoyed it. There was a wait but we bought a large pitcher of Sangria ($32 but a great deal as we couldn’t even finish by the end of the meal about 2 hours later). It is about two blocks away and doesn’t take reservations (and only open for dinner) so prepare to wait on a Friday or Saturday night but very worth it!

Overall, it was a great weekend and we enjoyed staying at the property and found the service / management very good.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Davenport, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

Our room was very clean and comfortable. We had a 42" flat screen TV with super comfy beds. The pool claims to be heated, but wasn't very warm, however my child did not care he was just happy to have a pool. The pool area is awesome. Its outdoor with very comfy lounge chairs. The entire hotel was clean and the staff was very nice. Parking was $12 a night, but it was worth it since we had no problems and got the room extremely cheap thru priceline.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront? Share your experiences!