“Great room!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great room!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I don't remember if we upgraded or not? But we had a 1 King room suite. it was like 2 separate rooms, with 2 flat screens. Great view, comfortable bed - pillows weren't as comfortable - but they sufficed. Great location and walked all over downtown St Pete! I would definitely stay here again when we come back to St Pete. Hotel staff was also very friendly and helpful - Starbucks on the premise was nice as well.

Room Tip: We had a really good experience here, and even our parking was free. maybe b/c it was over Thanksgiv...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Chicago, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Room was cold and damp no matter what temperature I had it at. The room also smelled of mildew. My breakfast never showed up because my meal slip was never picked up. When I called room service my self they sent someone up for the slip but the food never arrived. After my 2nd call I was told they attempted to call me but my phone wasn't working. Horrible week that ended in a cold.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

and it was unequivocally the worst hotel experience I've ever had.

Before I go further, I want to be fair by pointing out the only positive aspect of this hotel: The night staff. They were friendly, helpful, and accommodating, and should really be the ones in charge.

Now onto the glaring shortcomings of the Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront:

(1) The hotel cleaning service left my door open for an entire day. In my many years of staying at hotels on business trips, I've never experienced anything remotely like this. If you are looking for a hotel that takes you and your family's safety into consideration, I strongly recommend looking somewhere else.

(2) My keycard stopped working and it took 3 attempts for the manager, over the course of an hour, to remedy the issue, causing me to miss my meeting. The part that truly aggravated me was the fact that each and every time I came back downstairs to let her know that I still couldn't enter my room, instead of being apologetic, she found a new reason to blame it on me ("you aren't doing it right;" "you probably left your card to close to your cell phone," "you got food on it"). Eventually an affable repairman was able to fix the issue by simply making a new key card for her (there was nothing wrong with the lock). He apologized on the manager's behalf for her inability to do it herself.

(3) They initially refused to give me a 1 hour late checkout....... after staying with them for 44 days.

(4) From the moment I arrived there were issues. I asked for a standard king size room and they gave me an accessible room. This is probably something they should have mentioned prior to selling me a room for 44 days. When I asked the front desk to be moved to a standard room, not only was he unapologetic, he made it out like my request was overreaching, at one point even saying that "I don't think this is even possible." He finally acquiesced and gave me a new room, but why was this an issue in the first place?

(5) They couldn't find my rewards card on on file and told me to call the corporate number, and figure it out myself.

(6) Pool was being renovated for my entire stay.

In conclusion, if you are looking for a hotel that takes your safety, time, and money into consideration, as other reviewers have expressed, this hotel is not for you. There are many hotels for you to choose from in St. Pete and the surrounding area. Your family deserves the best.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Phoenix
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Came to St. Pete for a 4 day visit . The Hilton ambiance inside is standard with good clean rooms. However, it's difficult to sleep during the night or even the day if you would like to take a nap. Our first night was a disaster with too much noise in the room that we figured was coming from the elevators. There is a row of three elevators between all the rooms and You can hear them going up and down all night. It was like having an airplane engine by your bedroom.They could not move us the first night, second night it got worse. They put us fairly away from the central elevators; however we ended up next to the service elevator and things got ridiculous !! Third night we moved to another room where we just could hear everything. Wanted to sleep in late a few mornings but they had work being done in the building. Lots and lots of noise! By the way, the elevators were pretty scary and a bit shaky when you were in them, in fact by he third day one was out of service. I would not be surprised if someone got stuck in it. I got a few free coffees at Starbucks for my troubles. How generous! I really would not recommend this Hilton to anyone. Our mistake was not moving out of the hotel by the second night.

Room Tip: There is no good room without noise
Bardstown,KY, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The hotel staff was in my opinion the best I have ever had the pleasure to interact with. Very helpful and eager to assist. They knew all about the city and even called one restaurant for me to ensure they was serving the type of fish I was wanting! Awesome Awesome Awesome

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I'm not sure why this place has changed so much - I've stayed here numerous times in the past - but most of the issues seem to do with training because the service here is now AWFUL. Yes, the walls are still thin and you can tell what your neighbors are watching on TV. Yes, there is construction nearby, and no, they don't tell you that when you reserve or check in. The metallic banging starts early, so if you need to rise at around 8 you can forego the wake up call! The smell of trash or a dumpster outside is very overwhelming. The synthetic air freshener/potpourri smell inside is almost just as bad. The staff are REALLY REALLY LOUD! They were conversing at the top of their lungs in the hallway outside of my room in the morning, without regard for the fact that some guests may still be asleep. Another time, they knocked on my room door and when I opened it, were unable to explain why. The room was very dusty, and the inside of the hotel is pretty humid. Great location, though.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Jared B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that some aspects of your stay were not up to your expectations. We will use your review as a training tool as we move forward. Thank you again, and please come visit us again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel looks old from the outside. But once we got in....it was beautiful and completely lived up to the Hilton name. The staff were friendly, the room was clean and modern. The mattress and pillows were heaven. The only thing we'd change is the expensive parking. But other than that a wonderful stay!!!!

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience, and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront? Share your experiences!