“Hilton at St Pete - very nice.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Play Ball Package
Ranked #13 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
charlotte
“Hilton at St Pete - very nice.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Was down during memorial day weekend and it was very convienent to everything. Very clean, great staff, especially the morning breakfast staff in the executive lounge. Montique was sweet and informative and ran a clean shift. The evening lounge worker Johnny was the one sore spot,closed up early every night and was selectively friendly. I will stay there on future trips too. There was not ac unit in the room which was nice.

Room Tip: Try to get the side near the pier, best views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jared B, Journey Ambassador at Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for the kind review, we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope it was just a misunderstanding with John, he is usaully a kind and caring man to all of his guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
West Warwick, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Yeah, it's a Hilton. Big deal. It's a tall building with hundreds of rooms. They are nicely appointed. The pool was really nice because they had very comfortable lounge chairs in addition to a nicely sized pool and hot tub. I was just unlucky to be in an adjoining room where I could hear the other person's conversations, music, and singing. It was quickly resolved, but I was just not excited about my room location. It was also right across from the elevator. Not a great spot for a room unless you really enjoy listening to people drunkenly giggling down the corridor at all hours. It's a nice hotel, but it's just like all the rest. The pillows were quite old and flat. They provide a card with instructions to reduce water waste by not changing your towels every day. I am a fan of this program, so I followed the instructions and they replaced the towels anyway... the front desk was often manned by one person in the evening, and the phone would ring frequently and be ignored by the clerk. It's not a 'bad' place to stay--it's right in town, which is nice--it's just not that interesting. I really should have walked down to the front desk the moment I walked in the room to switch rooms... but of course I was in a rush at that moment, so I didn't do it. Next time I will make sure I do.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not across from the elevators or with a door to an adjoining room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review, we certainly do apologize for the noise issues as we try to limit those in anyway possible. As far our front desk staff, they are at times slightly understaffed but that issue has been adressed and changes are being made. Please come see our improvements soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Good service in the hotel. Great location. Rooms are very tired. Lobby is updated. Good food.
Nice fitness room, but like the shuttle van, a/c is lacking.

Go for it on sale or you want downtown.

Please fix the airport shuttle van ac and rebalance the tires. I thought the van was shaking apart.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for the review, we are indeed updating our rooms to make them a bit more refreshed and our shuttle is in the shop right now. Come back and see us again soon!
Davis, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed here for three nights while at a conference at the nearby USF-St. Pete campus. I paid a bit extra for a bay view room, and it was worth it. That was my favorite part of the hotel experience.

I was pretty busy and didn't see/use much of the hotel facilities (but the Starbucks in the lobby was great). Spacious hotel, comfortable lobby. My room was pretty comfortable except that the bathroom was awkwardly small with almost no counter space.

The hotel is definitely in need of a facelift, both in the rooms and overall. The elevators were old, creaky, and worn-looking. The furnishings in my room were a bit tired. There were a few little flaws--a nightstand light burned out, coffee supplies not replenished one day. I'm glad to see from earlier reviews that they are about to start refurbishing. That should make it a very nice place to stay, and I must say, the price was pretty good for a bay view room (I think about $156/night).

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I am happy you enjoyed your view and your stay! We are indeed starting a remodeling process that will see all of our rooms upgraded to more modern and convenient spaces.
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Staff = exceptional View = exceptional Location = One of the best Ask for a suite if you are upgrade eligible. It is nice to sprawl out one of your visiting nights. And make sure to visit the Dali bar. The staff are very nice and nice to look at. Good luck!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jared B, Journey Ambassador at Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thanks for the review! I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay on so many levels, I hope you come back to see us again real soon!
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I love this hotel. I stay whenever I can, or just because I can. Friendly, quiet, great location. The view out of any window is terrific. Van to baseball games, Starbucks in the lobby, bar is friendly. What's not to like?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the review! We are so happy you enjoy staying with us, see you next time!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I enjoyed the first night in this hotel and the convinent downtown location.

Saturday morning I found my car and 2 others in the parking lot keyed by vandals. The hotel did nothing to warn guests checking in or contact the others who had their cars vandalized.

I am disappointed how the hotel management did not take any proactive measures to prevent future car keying incidents over the weekend.

• Stayed May 2013
We are so sorry for the events that took place in our lot. We always have a security officer on site overnight to gaurd the parking lot. Unfortunately it would seem that vandals still found a way to get in and comit those horrible acts. All I can say is sorry, and that we are beefing up our security measures to make sure this never happens again.

Been to Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront? Share your experiences!