I've stayed at the Hilton St. Pete Bayfront on at least 12 different occasions over the past two years and I can say that I am consistently underwhelmed. It is not the worst hotel that you'll stay at, but it is tired and really needs some significant improvements to the rooms. While the lobby might look fresh and inviting, the modern, sleek atmosphere ends there.
My biggest complaint is the rooms themselves. They appear old and, again, tired. The furniture looks worn and used and I've consistently had issues with power plugs - especially those that are integrated into the lamps. On more than one occasion in different rooms, they have sparked when I tried to remove my plugs. The bathrooms can be minuscule - small enough that you need to shut the door in order to utilize the vanity. While there might be small slab of ugly brown/beige granite on the vanity, the overall bathroom facilities are old and are in desperate need up an update. On more than one occasion, hot water was completely absent, although the issue was resolved quickly.
Equally as bad is the mole and mildew small in the rooms - particularly when the air conditioning is on. This gets very bad in the spring and summer and, as you can see from other reviews, I'm not the only person who detects this. It has gotten so bad, that I rarely stay here during the warm months.
The restaurant on the ground floor does serve a good breakfast to order and the buffet is pretty good. Service here is always attentive and pleasant. Room service is quick, but I find the quality and attention to detail to be severely lacking. Overall, I do find the staff to be very helpful and polite.
Also be warned that there have been a couple of times that their parking has filled up and we were forced to find alternative parking. This can be a real pain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore the downtown St. Petersburg waterfront district from Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront. This hotel in St. Petersburg, FL, is conveniently located in the heart of downtown St. Pete within walking distance of many cultural attractions. Unwind in the spacious hotel rooms that offer striking city views. Enjoy free Wifi and treat yourself to coffee in the comfort of your room. This hotel offers an on-site Starbucks, a heated outdoor pool, fully equipped fitness center and on-site restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront Hotel St. Petersburg
- Hilton Hotel St Petersburg
- Hilton Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Hilton