There were so many "failures to follow through" during our recent five-night stay (Tuesday-Sunday) that lack of oversight and training by management seems the most likely culprit. Time and again staff said the right things, but nothing happened. If you don't read through to the end, here's the takeaway: this hotel warrants as high as a below average rating only because a number of genuinely friendly and capable people partially offset the greater number of technical, mechanical, and staff failures.
Good experiences: Concierge (Monique), Bellmen (Fitzroy and Damian), and Tangerine restaurant (Ryan). Inadequate service at front desk with people just going through the motions (Jordan and others). Annoying experiences: room keys de-magnetized on their own six times (no, they were not near our cell phones and yes, the front desk said this happens all the time).
On Thursday night I went to the front desk to request in person that we get a wake-up call next morning. Next morning, no call. On Saturday night, I went to the front desk to request another wake-up call for an early memorial service Sunday morning; I spoke face to face with Charles who assured me that this time I'd be called; returning to my room, I called the operator to confirm that my wake-up call was set and Amanda assured me it was. Sunday morning, no wake-up call. I arrived at the memorial service late.
We had trouble with our toilet running on and on. I knew that it was a faulty stopper, so the first several times it ran on, I fixed it myself by pushing it down inside the tank. Then I figured, the hotel should act. I called for maintenance to fix the toilet on Thursday; after five hours someone came while we were momentarily away but failed to fix it. Next day I fixed it again myself. On Saturday, I called the operator to relay all these details and she called Engineering; a friendly and capable person came to our room and fixed the toilet, which was now the fourth day of our five day stay. Room service requested at 7:00 arrived at 7:40; no explanation. The list goes on. Most troubling is that staff members did not ask us about our stay during the days there and did not apologize for failures in maintenance, wake up calls, room service. There was little attention to detail and no follow through. I wonder if this will remain a Hilton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore the downtown St. Petersburg waterfront district from Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront. This hotel in St. Petersburg, FL, is conveniently located in the heart of downtown St. Pete within walking distance of many cultural attractions. Unwind in the spacious hotel rooms that offer striking city views. Enjoy free Wifi and treat yourself to coffee in the comfort of your room. This hotel offers an on-site Starbucks, a heated outdoor pool, fully equipped fitness center and on-site restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront Hotel St. Petersburg
- Hilton Hotel St Petersburg
- Hilton Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Hilton