Having been a bit concerned based on some of the reviews posted, my expectations were somewhat lower than usual for a Hilton. It turns out I had no reason for any concerns.
I was here with my daughter and my brother for a family wedding. Check-in was quick, efficient, and the front desk staff were exceptionally friendly and welcoming. Florida oranges and fruit-flavored water were welcome treats.
Location is great, across from the ball park, a few minutes walk to The Dali, and very close to fun shopping and dining in St. Pete.
The lobby is expansive and filled with comfortable places to sit and chat. The bar is what I would call subdued hip, and borders on the lobby for spillover. Elevators were not bad in terms of speed - a bit slower during peak times which is to be expected. The property itself, while showing its age, is very well maintained. Could it do with a face-lift? Sure. Is it imperative? No.
The room was perfectly fine, clean, and a bit bigger than average. Nice big flat screen, plenty of storage space and good working surfaces. Only ding is that I would have preferred two queens instead of two doubles.
There is a regular Starbucks off the meeting space area (i.e. not just a stand selling Starbucks brand coffee). The restaurant had a great menu and a very good buffet for breakfast, both reasonably priced. We wanted a late lunch one day after they had closed but were able to get food to go from the bar - also delicious and well-priced.
The pool is great for a property like this (i.e. not a resort). Very big so people can play and do laps simultaneously. And unlike some hotel pools, it is actually big enough to do some meaningful laps for exercise. Lots of chaise lounge chairs, and bathroom facilities right next to the pool.
Aside from the double versus queen preference, there are two other dings I would give this property - and the reason this review is 4 stars instead of 5. First, the hot tub is just that - a big hot tub. No whirlpool or jacuzzi. Second is that although the parking area is big, it was overcapacity the weekend we were there. Even though we had paid for parking, we came home one evening to find orange cones blocking the entrance to the lot - presumably indicating that it was full - yet no one around to direct us elsewhere (this was NOT very late). We moved the cones, swiped our card key and entered, though the only spot we could find was along one of the aisles which others had done as well - not a legal spot and may have even been against fire code, but again - with no other options or instructions . . . Hate to think of what happened to people who came after us as we took the last of such spots.
Check-out was again, quick, efficient and friendly. All in all, a good stay. We were on a group rate for the wedding we were attending so don't know how the regular rates stack up competitively, but it was an exceptionally good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront hotel is located in the waterfront district of downtown St. Petersburg, Florida. Our legendary Hilton hospitality invites you to join us on business or pleasure in our world class hotel accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront Hotel St. Petersburg
- Hilton Hotel St Petersburg
- Hilton Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Hilton