I stayed at the Vinoy for the IRL (Indy Car) street race. It is an excellent location, right on the water, and within walking distance of the race (nice because downtown parking fills quickly on race weekend). There is also a nice shopping center (Ann Taylor, etc.) with a large movie theater complex, also within walking distance.
The hotel is lovely and historic. I had a large room in the tower with a balcony looking over the bay. The bathroom was larger than my bath at home, and closet space was plentiful. There are several resturants, including informal drinks and dining outside near the pool. (Try the mango daquiri with rum floater.)
The service was very good at the hotel. My only suggestion would be the addition of the Speed channel to the cable TV offerings, considering that this is a race city!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic Bayfront Resort comprising restored Vinoy Park Hotel & Tower (1992). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Renaissance Vinoy Resort and Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Vinoy Resort And Golf Club Hotel St. Petersburg
- Renaissance Vinoy Hotel
- Renaissance Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Renaissance