My wife and I recently spent the 4th of July weekend at this iconic Florida resort hotel. Situated on the bay near the heart of St. Petersburg, Florida, this historic property has everything to provide you and yours with a memorable stay. Yes, valet costs $20 per day and in-room WiFi is another $15, but overall the Vinoy offers a first-class experience in a beautiful setting that is likely to make you feel that the price point is…on point. Here are our quick pros and cons of the Vinoy:
1. Friendly and helpful staff! If all else fails, the welcoming and friendly staff should make you feel like a million bucks! From the first staff you meet (the valet) and all the way through our entire stay, every staff member made us feel welcome and appreciated. Special recognition goes to Joshua, Bob and Jessica who definitely make time in Marchand’s an exceptional experience.
2. Location! With outstanding views of the bay and within very easy walking distance of shops, restaurants, museums, marina’s and parks the location of the Vinoy couldn’t be any better.
3. Ambiance! While there are signs of wear and age (and why wouldn’t there be when dealing with a hotel built in 1924) they pale in comparison to the history, architecture and interior design of this beautiful resort. This is not your cookie cutter hotel!
4. Spacious rooms! We had the pleasure of staying in two different room types, both of which offer plenty of space. We would recommend the King Patio Spa room in the “Tower” for a romantic weekend with your significant other. While this room does not offer much of a view, it does offer a tastefully decorated and spacious room with a large private balcony and built-in hot tub for up to four. We would recommend a King Bay View room in the historic building for anyone desiring fantastic views of the bay and marina. This room is also very tastefully decorated and spacious.
5. Great food selections and drinks! Several great options on property and many more just steps away.
6. Awesome views of fireworks over the bay!! Absolutely the best fireworks show we’ve ever seen and the Vinoy has the perfect vantage points to take it all in.
7. Activities! From tennis, to golf, to spa and pool there is plenty to keep you active.
1. In all honesty, nothing noteworthy to mention!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic Bayfront Resort comprising restored Vinoy Park Hotel & Tower (1992). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Marriott, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Renaissance Vinoy Resort and Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Vinoy Resort And Golf Club Hotel St. Petersburg
- Renaissance Vinoy Hotel
- Renaissance Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Renaissance