We stayed here for two nights recently, using Marriott Rewards points for our stay. The Vinoy is a lovely place and we enjoyed it there immensely. Our room was spacious, well-furnished and equipped, and comfortable. It overlooked the front of the hotel, which is on the bay. Great view. The staff were extremely helpful and courteous. They could not have been nicer. The Vinoy is an historic hotel, so not everything there is ultramodern, but it's extremely clean and tasteful, and so interesting. The hotel's location is perfect, too, within walking distance of so many interesting and fun things in a most beautiful section of St. Petersburg.
The only small negative I would have (hence the four instead of 5 rating) is the exorbitant charge for breakfast in the Marchand room. I mean, the bill was almost $50 for the two of us, incl tax. OK, it was buffet and/or order off the menu, and we could have stayed there for hours and eaten ourselves sick, but that's not our style, and probably not too many others' style either. $15 per person would have been reasonable and acceptable. But $30, c'mon! Ridiculous.
That said, we thoroughly enjoyed our two nights at the Renaissance Vinoy, and will very likely return there (but will not be partaking in the hotel's breakfast/brunch!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic Bayfront Resort comprising restored Vinoy Park Hotel & Tower (1992). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Otel, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Renaissance Vinoy Resort and Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Vinoy Resort And Golf Club Hotel St. Petersburg
- Renaissance Vinoy Hotel
- Renaissance Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Renaissance