The hotel grounds and lobby are beautiful. As for the rooms, it depends where you're staying. If you are in the original portion of the hotel the rooms are pretty small and without a balcony. The elevator holds no more than four people and is pretty slow. The bed was very comfortable and the decor was nice but that's really all there is to it.
We booked the room on Priceline (paid 250.00) and it included breakfast for two in their main restaurant. The Vinoy is the only four-star hotel in downtown St Pete so if you use "name your price" and pick 4 stars then you're guaranteed to get it.
We ate at the pool bar for lunch and had the best nachos I've ever eaten. For dinner I had the grouper sandwich and my husband had the club. I do not recommend the grouper sandwich ($18) but the club was delicious and huge.
For breakfast, which was included, we were able to pick as many choices as we wanted off the menu. Everything was delicious. My husband had the lobster and hash potatoes, the fruit plate was delicious and I had the vanilla waffles.
Our server Tony was probably the best server I've ever encountered. It definitely was a breakfast to remember! And that means a lot coming for me since I don't usually like a big breakfast.
The pool is quite fun and it has a big waterfall., It was nicely heated as well.
All in all a wonderful stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic Bayfront Resort comprising restored Vinoy Park Hotel & Tower (1992). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Renaissance Vinoy Resort and Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Vinoy Resort And Golf Club Hotel St. Petersburg
- Renaissance Vinoy Hotel
- Renaissance Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Renaissance