“A Stay of Necessity” 4 of 5 stars

Days Inn - Central
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   650 34th Street North, St. Petersburg, FL 33713   |
Ranked #15 of 45 hotels in St. Petersburg

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Central Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had recently flown into St. Pete, Florida but had planned the main portion of our vacation on the east coast. Afterwards, we were looking for a hotel near the proximity of the airport so that we could make an early start the following morning. We wanted someplace clean, safe, fun, yet someplace that wouldn't break the bank as the last 8 days of our vacation had eaten away at most of our vacation budget. After spending much time on TripAdvisor reading reviews, I booked a room through Priceline with Day's Inn Central and it was an excellent choice.

The room cost was under $60 and was a very large room with two super soft and comfy queen beds with awesome pillows (much nicer beds than on the finer hotel we'd stayed at on the East coast and on the cruise we'd just taken... Honestly the nicest hotel bed I think I've ever slept in and I travel a lot for work... It was probably the most comfortable bed I'd slept in in my life other than my memory foam bed at home!). Check-in was very quick and easy and we were greeted by a friendly staff-person at the front desk. We were required to pay an additional $10 fee for our 16 year old son as Priceline had omitted the children from our reservation, but I do not blame that on the hotel, I fully feel that was a Priceline error. The 'hotel' is actually an older 'motel' style with the entry to your guest room on the outside. Although it's an older establishment it has been remodeled and is decorated tastefully and the owners seem to take great care and pride in their property and the comfort, security, and happiness of their guests.

The room was HUGE, with a full-size refrigerator, microwave, two queen beds, and a sleeper sofa (just what we needed since our six year old daughter and sixteen year old son prefer to sleep in seperate quarters). And the bathroom was almost as large as our cabin on the cruise ship! The pool was modest in size but still adequete for the size hotel and very clean, as was all of the property. The hot tub was welcoming and very enjoyable. Within walking distance are several quick food choices and within a short drive. I enjoyed the availability of the donut dash across the street AND next door do Dunkin Donuts early the next morning (although the motel does offer a modest continental breakfast as well that we did not partake in due to time constraints).

I would have probably given my rating five stars except for a couple of small things; our room, 111, was warm, even with the AC unit on the highest setting. It was an unseasonably cool October day and we still all slept with nothing but a sheet on us with the AC on high (most of the time the air blowing from the unit felt luke warm then about once an hour for about ten minutes the unit would kick out some cool air). During the day it was actually cooler outside than in the room. We didn't complain so I don't fault the hotel for not fixing it during our stay, but in hind-sight I wish I had brought it to their attention at check-out as a favor for the next guest.

In the massive and clean bathroom, the only eyesore was a gaping hole surrounding the water spout, something that could have been easily repaired by a skilled grouter. Really no big deal but it was noticable and actually did create an eye-sore to a room that was otherwise restored and tastefully redecorated. The only other complaint was that the bathroom was only stocked with three towels for four people, yes I know asking for additional towels is an easy fix but I've just never stayed at a hotel where I had to ask for a fourth towel when a room has four guests.

Otherwise, the room and cleanliness was great, and the beds and a great night sleep made up for the lack of towels. Check-out was super fast (ten seconds max). We'd stay there again and would recommend the hotel to friends/family looking for a clean and comfortable hotel at a great price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
joeblogs_11, Manager at Days Inn - Central, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thankyou for your response very much appreciated.
Dania Beach, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located close to St Pete’s downtown but far away of all the noise. Rooms are modern, clean, with good size for two people. Bed was comfortable and huge (we had the king size). We stayed there one night and there was no noise during the night. Continental breakfast was included in the rate, but if it is not enough, there is a Dunkin Donuts next door. Mr. Pattel, the manager, was very nice to us and gave us great recommendations and directions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
joeblogs_11, Manager at Days Inn - Central, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thankyou for your feedback very much appreciated.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Days Inn-Central In St. Petersburg, FL on 10/03/12. I have to tell you that from it's location you might be a little turned off (it's off a main street), but what a surprise. We requested a Kingsize bed and it was fabulous and the pillows are great, The room itself and the bathroom are very spacious and there was still space for a table and two chairs. The A/C was freezing and not a peep could be heard from the main street. Very Clean, very quick to check you in and out and continental breakfast to boot. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I am definitely coming back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
joeblogs_11, Manager at Days Inn - Central, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thankyou for you kind review hope to see you soon!

Dee
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The service was great, fantastic modern rooms and very comfortable bed, I have been to many of the hotels in the St. Petersburg area but this hotel was by far the best experience, and that too at a great price. DEFFINATELY coming back with the family.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
joeblogs_11, Manager at Days Inn - Central, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write your review. We appreciate your kind words and hope that you will come and stay with us again at Days Inn!
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Was in town for business looked online had great reviews and I see why. Modern, renovated, and CLEAN rooms! Don't see how the last person thought this place is a rip off. Pool and spa worked great for me avg size in my opinion. Several restaurants next door and within walking distance, which is great due to the busy road they are located on. Overall great hotel, location (just few minutes away from Tampa Rays Stadium wish I got a chance to go watch a game), clean rooms, great staff that will go out of there way to satisfy their guest. Keep up the good work and will be back often if I land this big deal I am working on!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
joeblogs_11, Manager at Days Inn - Central, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thankyou valued guest for completing the survey we are very gratefull.

Been to Days Inn - Central? Share your experiences!