“Nice Hotel - Great Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana

You added Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana to your Saves list
Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2595 54th Ave North, I-275 Exit 26, St. Petersburg, FL 33714 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Ranked #34 of 45 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Nice Hotel - Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Knights Inn. It was a great hotel for the price and the two star rating. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We had a fridge which was convienent. The pool area was nice too. It was quiet and we got good sleep. The staff was friendly and helpful with some local info. There is a quaint outdoor/indoor bar restaurant as part of the hotel. There is a Waffle House right next door that serves great breakfast!

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the back of the hotel. We found ours to be nice and quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
KnightsInnStPete, Manager at Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank You for taking the time out of your busy day to write a positive review of your stay with us here at the Knights Inn Tropicana Field as we know not many people take the time to write reviews. We learn from every negative but it is always nicer to earn from the positives. I'm happy to hear our staff was accommodating and that you enjoyed the use of our pool. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in St. Petersburg and Thank You again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Asheville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Hotel bilt in the 1970 as a days inn (it was nice then, I lived in St pete at the time). Furniture was so bad that it was not good for Good will. TV was state of the art in 1993, No flat pannel it had a CRT. Owner wanted to copy my credit card and driver permit. (talk about ID Theif) He tried to get my birthday by asking to see the permit 3 times. Maintance man told me not to walk my 9 lb dog on the grass (no sign) I responded "What grass all I see is uncut weeds" Some lady was walking around a tree, I asked him (maintaince man) what was she doing, he replyed, "PRAYING" Breakfast was a choose of 2 cold cerals or Waffels, day old donuts and very week coffee. I have requested my money back.

Room Tip: don't go there try the confort inn down the street on the other side of I 275
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
KnightsInnStPete, Manager at Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Tim W. - Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments to us. I am sorry that your stay was not satisfactory. The Knights Inn will continue to try improve and with input from guests it will let us know what we need to focus on.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Went in on a Friday to get a room for the night. This place is cheap which is why I chose to stay there. With my AAA discount I normally pay 47 dollars. The older gentleman that works there was so nice and respectful. hen I went in on Friday this young girl was working at the counter. She was SO rude and nasty. Then she wanted to charge me 75 dollars plus 12 percent in tax. I tried to explain that I normally pay 47 dollars and show her previous receipts. She said she didn't want to see them, to pay the money or leave. Then I said "what is this the fuc$ing Marriott marquis?" She then refused to rent me a room. I went and stayed at the La Quinta at 4999 34th Street North St Petersburg FL. The hotel was BEAUTIFUL! It had new beds with down duvet covers and I would rate it 10/10. The cost with AAA was 75 dollars including tax. The Knights Inn had burn holes all over the bed, mold, the carpet was filthy and there was a dead roach in the shower. Stay away from this motel and if you see the young girl with a large scar on her chest then RUN!!! Lol

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Knights Inn Tropicana Field. I am sorry we did not live up to the expectations you have come accustom to a our hotel. We will continue to train our staff and with comments like yours it will help us focus on the areas that need the most improvement. We hope to see you again in the future.
Akron, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I guess you get what you pay for. After our 3rd day of staying there we found three used needles under my daughters matress by one of the corners, so I don't think my sheets were ever changed, the pool was ice cold, so we couldn't swim, and out of the 7 days we were there we had to get my room keys changed four different days since they wouldn't work. They apologized for the needles and threw them away! Unreal and kind of a shady place.

Room Tip: by the pool made us feel a little safer since they were well lite.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to bring these concerns to our attention. What you have mentioned is 100% unacceptable and on behalf of the whole team here at the Knights Inn Tropicana Field I want to extend a sincere apology. Our hopes are that you allow us to prove to you we are better than what you experienced next time you are in St. Petersburg. Please call us directly so we may work something out with you so you get to truly enjoy the beautiful Tampa Bay area.
Orlando, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We booked this room on Hotels.com and since the rates in this area were really high at this time of the year, we didn't expect a lot when we found this reasonably priced room. We were very pleasantly surprised! We got a nice, clean room in a safe area, and a great value. Within a mile, there are lots of restaurants, but on site there is a funky little bar/grill, so you don't even have to venture out. The staff was really accommodating, and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
KnightsInnStPete, Manager at Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Linda M, Thank you for taking time to write a review on our Knights Inn hotel. We appreciate your comments and kind words. We hope to see you again real soon. Take care.
Staint Petersburg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Wow where do i start? Their own website booked it wrong OR the front desk clerk lied. Desk man would not honor my screen shot of confirmation. You are supppse save money for 3+ days but i did not get savings. Clerk would not fix it. The door of my room would not lock right, just piled stuff in front of it. Pay alittle tiny bit more and go somewhere else. Slighty dirty all around. The same clerk who did the front desk also helped clean the rooms. He came daily and asked to freshen up. Need more staff.

• Stayed March 2013
I want to first thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here at the Knights Inn Tropicana Field. Secondly I want to apologize for the fact we did not live up to your standards. The goal of our entire team is to deliver outstanding guests services, the fact we failed you deeply disappoints us. The next time you are in the area we ask that you give us another chance to redeem ourselves in your eyes. Please call us directly so we may set you up with a great rate for a great room.
Little Falls
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Don't waste your time! We arrived about 7pm and wanted to use the pool, we found every entrance to it locked. I called the front desk and the man told me it wasn't his problem! I told him my fridge didn't work and he said he would send someone to look at it in the morning! (Too late).The room smelled of mold and had very little lighting. After showering I realized the place hadn't been cleaned. There was hair and yuk all over the bathroom floor.There was mold on the toilet. In the morning as I packed up I found french fries under the bed! When I went to check out the gal at the front desk was friendly as she told me that the cleaning gal got called away to an appointment, and didn't get to clean my room, she said "you got the room for a good price so I won't refund you anything, but next time I guarentee this won't happen again" and she is right....because there WON'T be a next time! Breakfast... what a joke! Two choices of cold cereal and waffles! YUK!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
KnightsInnStPete, Manager at Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear 30-19, Thank you for your response to our hotel on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the experience you had during your stay and can ensure you we have taken the appropriate measures to address the situation. We strive to make all of our guests stays enjoyable and we hope you will come stay with us again.

Been to Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana? Share your experiences!