“Dirty, fridge broken, pool locked!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana to your Saves list
Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2595 54th Ave North, I-275 Exit 26, St. Petersburg, FL 33714 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Ranked #31 of 45 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Little Falls
“Dirty, fridge broken, pool locked!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Don't waste your time! We arrived about 7pm and wanted to use the pool, we found every entrance to it locked. I called the front desk and the man told me it wasn't his problem! I told him my fridge didn't work and he said he would send someone to look at it in the morning! (Too late).The room smelled of mold and had very little lighting. After showering I realized the place hadn't been cleaned. There was hair and yuk all over the bathroom floor.There was mold on the toilet. In the morning as I packed up I found french fries under the bed! When I went to check out the gal at the front desk was friendly as she told me that the cleaning gal got called away to an appointment, and didn't get to clean my room, she said "you got the room for a good price so I won't refund you anything, but next time I guarentee this won't happen again" and she is right....because there WON'T be a next time! Breakfast... what a joke! Two choices of cold cereal and waffles! YUK!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
KnightsInnStPete, Manager at Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear 30-19, Thank you for your response to our hotel on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the experience you had during your stay and can ensure you we have taken the appropriate measures to address the situation. We strive to make all of our guests stays enjoyable and we hope you will come stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

my first time in st. pete. arrived by amtrak from ft. laud. pick up from train station by Enterprise. drove to hotel at night in rain. really appreciated ideal location just off exit of I 275. desk manager, mr. patel, was efficient and very helpful. room was clean, beds comfortable, pillows plump, sheets and towels spotlessly laundered. ac/heat ran well... tv with cable, and free wifi a plus! i wouldn't hesitate to stay here again...a real value!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
KnightsInnStPete, Manager at Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel, the Knights Inn St Pete Florida on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear we were able to take great care of you and make you feel welcome. It's always great to know that we are making our guests feel special as we certainly do our best to create those lasting relationships. We look forward to welcoming you back if you are ever in the St Petersburg, FL area again.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This hotel was just great! Staff was excellent and was so accommodating to us. The room was super clean and the pool area was an excellent place to sit and get some sun. It is a large property and in a nice area. Close to the Interstate (that was a plus).
Will definitely return to this hotel!

Room Tip: Excellent Staff and Clean Rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
KnightsInnStPete, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of our property. We strive to be the best in customer service and cleanliness. We hope to have you back to visit us real soon.
Newport, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

For the price ( cheap ).... A good value really...

Nice pool and gazebo area..... Breakfast is minimal.....handy area to so many things ...and literally right off the highway.....the Internet is working perfectly now too. !

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments Newporter2551. I am pleased to see that you have enjoyed the upgrade to our internet. We know that having a perfectly running wifi connection is crucial to both business and leisure travel.
We have also been making improvements to our breakfast bar based on comments just like yours.
Thank you again for your review and we hope you will come stay with us again soon!
Boca Raton, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Hotel under contruction, Had to change my room, woke up to mornings in a row with bites on my arms. They said they would check out the room, never heard anything, no compentation. Would not stay there again

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hello Carol W.
Thank you for your response. Your comments were reviewed by management and we then sought the confirmation from a professional pest control company to confirm that there was no sign of bed bugs throughout the facility. We take claims of such nature very serious and please be assured that we do not have any infestation on our property.
Our hotel has since completed renovations and now has on property a full restaurant and bar for our guests enjoyment.
We hope to have you back as our guest.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I had called the hotel notifying of late arrival; requested to charge credit card just to secure my room. To my surprise, they held my room without charging the credit card. Fast check-in and friendly staff. Room was immaculate. Great location to access I275 & very close to De Soto Fort.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Gem6034, thank you for your comments on our Knights Inn. It is always our intentions to make our guest satisfied with their choice to stay with us. We know you have a lot of options when it comes to hotels in St. Pete.... our guests are our first priority.
Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.
La Place
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I liked the location (3 miles from Tropicana Field and next to I-275), the very clean lobby and rooms, the in-room coffee, the fridge and micro-wave oven, the free coffee and juice in the lobby, the friendly counter staff, and the price (under $50.00 pre-tax).

I disliked nothing about this place.

RJT

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments RJayT. I am pleased that we were able to offer you all the comforts of home during your trip away. We hope to see you back again. Take Care!

Been to Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana? Share your experiences!