“great value...great location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana to your Saves list
Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2595 54th Ave North, I-275 Exit 26, St. Petersburg, FL 33714 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Ranked #31 of 45 hotels in St. Petersburg
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“great value...great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

my first time in st. pete. arrived by amtrak from ft. laud. pick up from train station by Enterprise. drove to hotel at night in rain. really appreciated ideal location just off exit of I 275. desk manager, mr. patel, was efficient and very helpful. room was clean, beds comfortable, pillows plump, sheets and towels spotlessly laundered. ac/heat ran well... tv with cable, and free wifi a plus! i wouldn't hesitate to stay here again...a real value!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
KnightsInnStPete, Manager at Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel, the Knights Inn St Pete Florida on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear we were able to take great care of you and make you feel welcome. It's always great to know that we are making our guests feel special as we certainly do our best to create those lasting relationships. We look forward to welcoming you back if you are ever in the St Petersburg, FL area again.

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This hotel was just great! Staff was excellent and was so accommodating to us. The room was super clean and the pool area was an excellent place to sit and get some sun. It is a large property and in a nice area. Close to the Interstate (that was a plus).
Will definitely return to this hotel!

Room Tip: Excellent Staff and Clean Rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
KnightsInnStPete, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of our property. We strive to be the best in customer service and cleanliness. We hope to have you back to visit us real soon.
Newport, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

For the price ( cheap ).... A good value really...

Nice pool and gazebo area..... Breakfast is minimal.....handy area to so many things ...and literally right off the highway.....the Internet is working perfectly now too. !

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments Newporter2551. I am pleased to see that you have enjoyed the upgrade to our internet. We know that having a perfectly running wifi connection is crucial to both business and leisure travel.
We have also been making improvements to our breakfast bar based on comments just like yours.
Thank you again for your review and we hope you will come stay with us again soon!
Boca Raton, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Hotel under contruction, Had to change my room, woke up to mornings in a row with bites on my arms. They said they would check out the room, never heard anything, no compentation. Would not stay there again

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hello Carol W.
Thank you for your response. Your comments were reviewed by management and we then sought the confirmation from a professional pest control company to confirm that there was no sign of bed bugs throughout the facility. We take claims of such nature very serious and please be assured that we do not have any infestation on our property.
Our hotel has since completed renovations and now has on property a full restaurant and bar for our guests enjoyment.
We hope to have you back as our guest.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I had called the hotel notifying of late arrival; requested to charge credit card just to secure my room. To my surprise, they held my room without charging the credit card. Fast check-in and friendly staff. Room was immaculate. Great location to access I275 & very close to De Soto Fort.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Gem6034, thank you for your comments on our Knights Inn. It is always our intentions to make our guest satisfied with their choice to stay with us. We know you have a lot of options when it comes to hotels in St. Pete.... our guests are our first priority.
Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.
La Place
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I liked the location (3 miles from Tropicana Field and next to I-275), the very clean lobby and rooms, the in-room coffee, the fridge and micro-wave oven, the free coffee and juice in the lobby, the friendly counter staff, and the price (under $50.00 pre-tax).

I disliked nothing about this place.

RJT

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments RJayT. I am pleased that we were able to offer you all the comforts of home during your trip away. We hope to see you back again. Take Care!
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I was attending a family reunion in Tampa at another hotel. Upon leaving for my trip back home. The Tampa/St/ Petersburg area was hit hard with down pours of heavy stormy rain as I was on 275 South the visibililty was so bad I couldn't even see in front of me so I exited on 54th Avenue North looking for a place to bed down for the night and I stumble across this hotel (well I wouldn't say it was hotel).

Didn't know where I was but I booked thinking it would not be so bad. I got a NO SMOKING room the minute I open the door I knew I was in the wrong place the room smelled of cigars and who only knows who else OMG!!!! very scary inside that room glad I choice no to take my bags out of the car but was nerve to leave them inside my car all night.

I remove the covers from the bed to sit on but I decided that was not a good idea no telling what would have crawled on me. So I stood up walking the hole time I was in the room.

The door deadbolt lock was not working when I call I was told the rooms on have two lock instead of 3 as all hotels do. Well that did it for me I had to seek other accomodations in the area.

So I waited until I was able to see if the area had better accomodations than this I think I should have took my chances with the storms and tornado's that Tampa & St. Petersburg was having that weekend.

I venture out to see what else was in the area couldnt believe around the 275 there was a beautiful Holiday Inn Express but I didn't see it when I exit the ramp as I said the visibility was awful. I immediately check in shared with the clerk at the hotel where I was he said to me glad you followed your mind to get out of there before dark??? Not sure why that meant but Iwas too.

Went back to check out of the dump & dive hotel from hell. Well I have a great story to tell once I get back home.

But take my advise don't stay there, don't even pull in the parking lot!!!!!!

This place needs to be demolished!!!!

Room Tip: Do Not Stay There!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Jarrieta55, Thanks for taking your time to complete a review on our Knights Inn. I can say that since the time of your stay the hotel has undergone some renovations and improvements. I am sorry for your dissatisfaction during the time you came to the hotel.We hope you give our hotel another try, it would be great for you to stay with us again.

Been to Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana? Share your experiences!