“My friend Elizabeth was treated very badly there” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British, Tea Room
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Sarasota, FL
“My friend Elizabeth was treated very badly there”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

No one loves a spot of tea more than I do but I would NEVER go to this place after the horrible way my friend Elizabeth was treated there. The manager yelled at her for discreetly pointing out that there were fragments of the plate in her food. He did this in front of her daughter who was celebrating her birthday. The manager actually threw her out claiming she had made trouble before when she had never had a bad experience there before. The owner refuses to acknowledge there is a problem and has done nothing to rectify the situation. Don’t go there unless you want to eat porcelain without complaining.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
“Heard about Elizabeth's terrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I heard from my friend that having the manager yell at customers and throw them out is a little off putting. And in front of their little girl's birthday party too. Shameful. I was looking for a place for a wedding reception, but I can guarantee that this will never be considered.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
St. Petersburg, Florida
“A Spot of Tea?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I've enjoyed tea at A Corner of England several times. The last vist I made there was with my sister and a friend for her birthday. We selected several hats to wear and enjoyed a High Tea. I love the little finger sandwiches, scones with jam and clotted cream and the assortment of teas. The atmosphere is quiet and relaxed. A wonderful way to enjoy an afternoon with friends and family.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Very quaint and quiet place to enjoy afternoon tea.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I have been to A Corner of England a few times, my last visit was with my husband on a Friday afternoon. The place was quiet and relaxing, which is what we were looking for. I always enjoy the Holiday Tea and we both ordered High Tea. When the food came out, he didn't think it was going to be enough and asked if we could go eat somewhere else when we left. He was quite surprised when we left that he was actually full. The soup is always very tasty and the sandwiches are always fresh. The service is slow, but I equate that to the high tea experience and am not looking to be served quick when I come here. My previous visits have included mother-daughter days, my daughter had tea here with her girlfriends on her 16th birthday and I reserved the back room and had my college graduation tea party here. I have never been disappointed here and would recommend this place for a quiet lunch or for a private function.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Palm Harbor, Florida, United States
“I love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Some friends and family of mine had decided to try the tea room out. The service was excellent, the food was fresh, delicious, and well portioned. The atmosphere was beautiful. We got to play dress-up..it was so fun. I will definitely be going back and so will my the ppl with me!!!

• Visited May 2013