“Molte Bani” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Molte Bani”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

You can probably tell I am not Italian by my spelling of Molte Bani but believe me I know Italian food! My wife and I visited Café Cibo while visiting St Pete and it was outstanding. This is old Italian neighborhood you don't see much anymore. We ordered from the dinner menu in mid-afternoon and we were delighted. It started with fresh baked bread and the "house" dipping sauce which is very, very special.

We both had Veal Marsala served with a salad and pasta. I usually don't order Marsala because I can make it better than most restaurants, but not this one. The sauce was superb and the pasta cooked al dente served with a light but flavorful house made tomato sauce finished with a light covering of parmesan.

The wine menu was limited but we had a delightful Sicilian wine. The meal was finished with a house made Tiramisu which was delightful.

It doesn't get much better than this and the prices are reasonable. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Clearwater, Florida
“Always a great meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Cafe Cibo has quality, fresh food. Like almost everyone else, the bread and dipping sauce is the highlight of the meal. Not that the rest of the meal isn't good, it's just that I sometimes get cravings for the bread and dipping sauce. Besides that, I love their very thin and crispy pizza which is also great for take out. The chicken parmesan is also very good and the portion is so large that you can either share it or the rest to go.

Visited June 2013
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
“Excellent, but not quite as good as in past - 4.75 *'s”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Although this place is always miles above the chain Italian eateries like Macaroni Grill and Olive Garden and Gigi's; the food wasn't quite up to their usual perfection. In the past, each flavor had it's own "edge", never overpowering, but discernible. Last night the subtleties of tongue teasers were were blended too much. The meal was delicious and the staff friendly and helpful. We had two disabled people in our party and every effort was made to make their experiences easy and enjoyable as well. If I had any gripe about Cafe Cibo, it would be the size of the dining area .. too small. This place is a small, family run restaurant; and if you happen to visit when they aren't jammed, which is seldom, Grandma and Grampa will come out of the kitchen and talk to the customers. :) I Highly recommend eating there.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa, Florida
“Great authentic Italian meal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great Italian cafe right on 4th Street in St. Pete! The dishes are diverse and true to the Italian roots... not at all generic in taste. The wine selection is impressive for this size restaurant and the service has always been very accommodating! One of St. Pete's best kept secrets!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Clearwater, Florida
“In the past Always was Excellent, Not this time, dinner was luke warm and service was almost non-existant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

For many years we have always enjoyed everything we ever ate at Cafe Cibo and we gave it and excellent review in June 2012.
Not this time; On Monday, March 11, 2013 we ordered Chicken Marsala and Spaghetti and Meat Balls. Their famous bread cake like was stale as well as the bread. My Spaghettii and the Meat Balls were served luke warm and the meat balls and sauce did not taste the same as in the past. My wife's Chicken Marsala was also served luke warm and something was missing. Regarding the service; it must have been an off day also as it was almost non-existant. Maybe it was because it was a Monday, but that should not matter.

We will try Cafe Cibo again, but not on a Monday