“best value of all st pete” 5 of 5 stars

Bayway Inn
4400 34th Street South, St. Petersburg, FL 33711 (Formerly Knights Inn)   |
Ranked #31 of 45 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Las Vegas, Nevada
“best value of all st pete”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I come to area for biz often. Have stayed at several places but this is by far best deal around. Clean rooms, great service, awesome pool area with tiki huts, central to all. Beaches a 2 min drive, downtown st pete 5 min, great restaurants in area. Very quite & peaceful. And with the kitchenete i had it made it that much better. Great rates for what you get and area. My new place to stay when in st pete.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brooksville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

First off, this motel is across the street from the former Knights Inn (which is now the Flamingo Hotel). I stayed one evening in May 2013. I'm impressed with this property because they make the effort. It's not perfect, but they try. The entire property is kept clean and in decent repair. The pool area is very attractive and there is an attached but separate upper level sundeck, also.

They offer two rates; for regular room or room with fridge & microwave. I opted for the regular rate. Because of another review of this motel on TripAdvisor, I arrived early to request a room on the pool side. I cannot now recall the specific explanation, but apparently poolside rooms have the fridge/microwave option, so I paid the higher room rate. When I entered the room I saw that it was NON-SMOKING and went back to the front desk. I was assured that it would be okay as I was only staying the one night. Asked for ashtray and was told housekeeping would provide one.

The ashtray was delivered, I believe, by one of the owners. She had ashtray in hand but seemed reluctant to hand it over. She explained that they had no smoking rooms available. I explained that I'd only made the reservation the night before and smoking rsv was confirmed.
I got the ashtray but didn't appreciate the guilt trip.

I would definitely use this property again but ONLY after confirming that regardless of which rate I pay (regular or fridge/micro), I can still get a room opposite the pool. If I am correct, management puts smokers on the side opposite their pool in what amounts to the most inconvenient rooms they have available. That kind of discrimination I can live without.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Terre Haute, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed the night of March 12th. We started looking for a hotel rather late and this was the only one around the area for under $100, we paid $78 and the quality was not great, We thought it must be due to spring break but the manager said some sort of convention, but who really knows. Seemed clean enough. NO bugs. Beds werent all that comfortable, but firmer than most. No breakfast, and did have free wi-fi. BEST PART OF THIS HOTEL IS IF YOU ARE GOING TO SHELL KEY OR ST. PETE'S BEACH YOU CAN JUMP ON THE CAUSEWAY FROM THIS HOTEL, IT IS RIGHT THERE!!! PERFEFT FOR US.

Room Tip: If you are going over to see shell key or St. Pete's Beach the causeway is right there, really c...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We have been staying here on our yearly trips to the St Petersburg area over the last 8 years. Never had an issue until now. The hotel has changed hands a couple times over the years but generally clean, quiet, close to shopping, close to the beach. This visit we only stayed one night. Initially upon going into the room found some fruit flies. My husband was woken up at 2 am by a 1 inch roach crawling up his leg. We found one more huge roach before checking out in the early morning hours. It will be last time we ever stay here. Advice: stay somewhere else.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
South Florida, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have stayed many times at the Bayway over the past four or five years and have found it to be adequate. Fixtures and furniture may be a bit outdated, but the bathrooms were clean, the beds comfortable and the mini fridge sufficient for our drinks and snacks. I stayed there a month ago, and what a disappointment. I was put on the 'ghetto' side (the North side) and the game definitely changed. The room was a wreck. No mini-fridge at all. A disgusting stain on the carpet. The door didn't shut / lock properly. I found roaches in the bathroom. The sink only had hot water. I did mention the roaches and lock to management. They did not seem very concerned. I am not sure I will give them my business again, although I will be returning to St. Pete next weekend. Other posters are correct, seems like some drug-dealing is going on, and generally a degenerate atmosphere. Too bad b/ c it is reasonable and until last month I found it adequate. If you do go make absolute sure you are on the Pool side of the building, in order to avoid that bad atmosphere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

I think alot of drugs are being sold there and ghetto people hanging out all day kids running around hair weave everywhere got people standing around acting ghetto and looking you up and down like they never seen someone before I guess because we didn't look like a ghetto hot mess like they did cars with loud music playing you can't even hear the TV our rest its very ghetto and people smoking weed and that's sad because it can really be a great place its family owned and they have it looking nice to bad ghetto black folks who don't know how to act lives there

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Bayway Inn? Share your experiences!