“A REALLY GOOD PLACE TO STAY” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn North

You added Comfort Inn North to your Saves list
Comfort Inn North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2260 54th Ave N, I-275 exit 26, St. Petersburg, FL 33714   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Leicestershire, UK
“A REALLY GOOD PLACE TO STAY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights in May 2013 and it was good. The room was spacious and always clean. Breakfast was included in the price and it was plentiful. The staff were great and always very helpful. I would ask for a room overlooking the car pack as the front overlooks I-275. This is a good hotel which offers value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the car park are the quietest
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
COMFORTSTPETE, Manager at Comfort Inn North, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will stay again when you are
in the area. We continue to make upgrades to the hotel to better serve you.

In the Spirit of Hospitality

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
O'Fallon, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed on the 3rd floor, not facing the highway. Each floor has an ice machine, soda machine and washer/dryer. This hotel meticulously maintains the grounds and entry area. The staff members were helpful. Our room was comfortable. My kids enjoyed the waffles, eggs and sausage breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
COMFORTSTPETE, Manager at Comfort Inn North, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you for such a great review!!!! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you
again.

In the Spirit of Hospitality

Hector Acosta
727-362-0075
Lady Lake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is a nicely maintained property very close to I-275. Rooms are fairly updated and lobby area well appointed for this level of hotel. Staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and staff kept everything coming. Was close to highway in rear but did not hear traffic in first floor room. Others higher up indicated they did however. Not a resort atmosphere but good place to stay if you are doing day trips in the area or just need a one nighter. I would stay there again if in the area.

Room Tip: If you are in the rear of the hotel, make sure you get a first floor room. Also don't get a ro...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Asheville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Our family had three rooms for three nights on the 5th (top) floor of the hotel. Our windows opened which you know is not typical and we enjoyed the fresh air. We were there for a graduation ceremony. We selected this hotel based on price, prior reviews and location. The interstate made it easy to get from St. Pete/Clearwater airport to the hotel and between to Tropicana Field. The outdoor pool was sufficient and clean. We were only there for an hour one afternoon - it's located between the interstate and the parking lot. The lobby was tidy and clean. The free breakfast was fine, a step above continental with the waffles, sausage and egg patties. There was a microwave on our floor for shared use and each room had a fridge. Now for the nitty gritty which saved this review from what could have been 4-stars in this fee category of hotels.

1. Maintenance: The deadbolt on one of our doors was broken the whole stay, reported but not repaired. The toilet in another room backed up and was leaking on the floor from the base on our last morning, reported but not repaired in the four hours that remained before checkout - so we shared a toilet with another room. The remote control in one room didn't work. The desk lamp in that room was coming apart and tilted to the side. The shower curtains in all three bathrooms were extra long and draped across part of the inside of the tub. I almost tripped a couple times. This is a bad accident waiting to happen. The printer in the business center area was out of order. To their credit however they did allow us to print our boarding passes using the front desk computer. As for housekeeping, they never realized that our telephone was filthy - someone must have spilled a cup of coffee on the receiver and it was sticking to the cradle. We left it off the hook so they would notice it - but apparently not.

2. Staff: Inconsistent. I asked about late checkout? Was asked how long I needed, I asked how long I could have, she said 30 minutes, I said why bother. Someone asked about help with making a long distance call, receptionist asked what the problem was, said she didn't know just that it wasn't working, receptionist suggested she use a cell phone, she didn't have one, receptionist determined the long distance service was undergoing an upgrade and unavailable, sorry. Just a poor interaction all around. When we called to report the toilet issue, the receptionist said that maintenance wasn't in yet. Why say that? Just acknowledge, apologize, and advise that you'll have it repaired ASAP. The breakfast area ran out of regular flavored waffle batter, only blueberry left. Asked front desk, said that wasn't her area and to talk to spanish woman (who manned the busy area very well I should add). The 'spanish' woman apologized and said they had no more. It's a peeve of mine to refer to someone by their ethnicity. Probably just a personal thing for me.

3. So I'm being very picky here - I know. But it's the impression you're left with and sometimes when you think back about an experience, you either leave knowing that some things were unavoidable and not the fault of the hotel, or you wonder if those things are the signs of poor management. I agree with my brother's comment to me at the end of our stay. He said it's a newer hotel but they're beginning to drive it into the ground. The owners are just at the beginning of this process that we've seen with many other hotels in this category. Budgets for staff, upgrades and maintenance are probably very tight with any excess revenue likely trickling up rather than down. That was our impression. I don't think the staff were happy working there. I would select a different hotel next time but it wasn't a bad experience overall.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
nacogdoches
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I read bed bug review on trip advisor after booking my reservation. I try to book at other hotel but i was not getting two rooms at employee rate so i kept my reservation at comfort inn. After checking-in we went to room and there were black spots all over the sheets and pillow cases. We request to change sheets in one room and we were sitting in other room. We start itching after a while. We went down stair to c/o right away and they would not give me my refund and top of that they charged me for both room for both nights. Manager wont come out to talk. Told me to wait about an hour until he gets done with his meeting. I called the centeral and filed the complaint and centeral couldnt get them on the phone either. Extremely horrible rooms and service. Never go there and wouldnt recommend to anyone. Stoped the payment to get my money back and still in process.. Hopefully i will get my money back. I would love to give this place -10.

• Stayed May 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in room 310 for visit to VA hospital. Pretty sure this place is infested w/bed bugs. Would NOT stay again. VA needs to find a new motel to send their patients to!
This stay was in April of 2013.

• Stayed April 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Everything in St Petersburg seems to be overpriced especially for the type of hotels that are around here. We are from the Orlando area where most of the hotels are priced very reasonable and look a bit newer and cleaner but here in St Petersburg most of them are very old looking and seem to be dirty looking too but this particular hotel stands out from all the rest in this area. The staff is nice and all the rooms are very comfortable although dated the price is better then most.the TV's are still the tube type(80's era) pool was OK but no hot tub.I like the fact it has all the rooms inside the hotel we just feel safer with inside rooms.this is the 2nd time we stayed at this hotel and both times were good. The pool unfortunately is not heated and the lack of hot tub makes the pool area just boring but The place does have an exercise room and It has a bike and a treadmill and an elliptical machine it also has a small business center one of the things I don't like is you have to go through the exit stairway to go to the pool area. the lobby is nice and everything seems to be clean I would suggest if you are on a budget and you're looking for a nice hotel this is the place to be. Oh and you do get a real breakfast here not that continental Bull$h!t everyone else feed you if you factor in the price of your breakfast in the morning this hotel becomes a bargain.

• Stayed April 2013