“You get what you pay for.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn North

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn North to your Saves list
Comfort Inn North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2260 54th Ave N, I-275 exit 26, St. Petersburg, FL 33714   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #23 of 46 hotels in St. Petersburg
Florida
“You get what you pay for.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

For $55 a night over a holiday weekend, this place wasn't bad. The staff is friendly enough and checking in and out was fast. The king-bed room we stayed in was furnished nicely, the bed was comfortable and there was no road noise facing away from the interstate. Traveling around the Bay area is easy as the place is pretty close to everything around town. On the down side, this hotel is in need of some moderate maintenance and renovations. During our 3 night stay one of two elevators was perpetually broken, the fitness room was out of service, and the water pressure for all the plumbing fixtures in our room was rather poor. Breakfast was nothing special, but it was a nice free-be considering the price.

In short, stay here if you want to save some money, desire to be close to both downtown Tampa and downtown St. Pete, and don't plan on spending much time in the hotel.

Room Tip: 2nd floor not facing the highway is pretty quite and negate the need for using the small, crowded el...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
COMFORTSTPETE, General Manager at Comfort Inn North, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
I welcome your feedback with regards to your stay in our hotel. I am sorry that the fitness center was closed during your stay, but we now have a fully operational fitness center that is open to our adult guests 24 hours per day. Also, our elevator issues have been addressed with new door sensors that generated most of the problems we had during the beginning of this year.

I hope your stay was good enough that your would return to our hotel in the future!

Thanks again!

Hetcor Acosta

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Our room was comfortable and did not seem to have any of the drawbacks noted by other reviewers. We were on the side away from highway so road noise was not a problem but it would be on the highway side. The breakfast was ok too.
However, the exercise room was closed, the breakfast was as little as they could get away with, and our reservation at Choicehotels.com was for a room witha king bed. We were given 2 doubles and told that there were on kings available. When I asked about this I was told that they were all given away already ( at 5:30 pm ?!) This was not acceptable.

Room Tip: away from the highway!
Tallahassee, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Let's see, what went right here?

The hot breakfast was very good! The front desk responded well.

Now for the rest. I finally figured out after the first night that the AC/heat was really just recirculating the air in the room without changing the temp. The outside temp was pretty much in between the two so that's why it took me that long to figure it out.

During that first night, one of the two elevators broke down leaving only one for the five floors. It's a good thing I brought my ear plugs because noise from people in the hall came right into the room. Fortunately, I had asked for a room facing away from the interstate or even the ear plugs might not have been enough. I reported the A/C or lack thereof to the front desk on my way out that morning and it was actually working properly when I returned that night(Christmas).

This morning after I finished up breakfast, I noticed that the second elevator was no longer running. The desk clerk seemed to be confused about whether it too was broken or had been taken offline so maintenance could work on the other one. There were quite a few others who had been at breakfast who found they would have to take the stairs to get back to their rooms and some mentioned they had disabled friends up in their rooms who would't be able to use the stairs. I hoofed it up the stairs, got my remaining things and checked out.

The reason I chose to stay here was that it was half the price of the Hampton Inn and it seems I got what I paid for. To compare to the Hampton, the Comfort Inn had barely 7' ceilings in the bathroom and entryway, the room is considerably smaller, the wi-fi and water pressure on the 5th floor were both weak, there were only two guest-usable power plugs, the toilet ran constantly albeight quietly, the "comfort" level of the bed and the room in general were inferior, the breakfast wasn't quite as good, and you actually had to check out at the desk to get a receipt. There wasn't one under your door on checkout day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the interstate and avoid the high floors.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

This was a good value location for a base to use in St Petersburg for a few days. Check-in was efficient. The room was good, and had a window that opened, that was nice for northerners in December. Checkout was friendly, and resolved a minor check out issue very well.

Room Tip: Get a room facing away from the highway
Maitland, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Night mare! Horrible! When I walked into the place I was greeted first by the smell. Only one person working the desk, very slow check in. Once getting into my room the smell was even stronger. Walls paper thin, the highway sounds were louder then the air condition and tv. Also some poor sole was dealing with a crying baby. Not sure what room the baby was in. I called the front desk and was moved to another room. Same floor same baby, but away from the highway. Now I was in a room with double beds instead of a king, the air condition didn't work and the toilet didn't flush. The walls were plastered over holes and no attempt to paint over it. There appeared to be food stuck to the walls, or God knows what it was. My shoes where off only for a few minutes and my feet looked like I was walking for miles without shoes. There was actual mud that looked smeared on the wall. The bed... OMG it was gross, the sign on the bed about washing the sheets was nasty and the bed looked like someone already slept there. I called the front desk again, and was told to wait in the room and they would call me back. After 10 minutes I grabbed my stuff, went down stairs and checked out. They refused to refund my money, they couldn't even give me a receipt! I have never in my life checked out of a place. I thought I booked a clean place, this place should be shut down. I did not receive what I booked, yet this establishment refused to refund my money! I did stay at a Comfort Inn, at 875 94th Ave North, St Petersburg, FL. This one smells clean, the air condition works, the bathrooms are nice and clean, and beds look and smell nice and fresh. I took pictures but sadly can't post them here.

Room Tip: Drive past this place, you are better off staying in a homeless shelter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
St. Petersburg, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I agreewith the review that the lobby is nice and that is where it ends. The room are in desperate need of PROPER repairs. My room had holes in the walls around shower head. Repairs were attempted by unqualified people as the patches were unprofessional. Rough walls that hide germs, hles for moisture to seep in and cause mold.. They patch painted with pain that did not match. It is obivious that the owners don't care about the property.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Daytona Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The first room I was in had a hair dryer which I am sure is required by Choice Hotels but there was no place to plug it in. Imagine that?
The peeling paint in the shower was not very appealing and when I tried to toss my towel over the shower rod it swayed and was clearly ready to fall onto someone's head!

The bath towels were scratchy and some were in sad condition.
This was clearly not a Choice Hotel when it opened, but rather a hotel trying to get by without spending any money. The choice of coffee for the in-room coffee maker was fair to poor.

Room Tip: If your rooms faces I-75 you will have the noise of cars rumbling along the Interstate. If you face...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn North? Share your experiences!