“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn North

You added Comfort Inn North to your Saves list
Comfort Inn North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2260 54th Ave N, I-275 exit 26, St. Petersburg, FL 33714   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Toronto, Canada
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

This was a good value location for a base to use in St Petersburg for a few days. Check-in was efficient. The room was good, and had a window that opened, that was nice for northerners in December. Checkout was friendly, and resolved a minor check out issue very well.

Room Tip: Get a room facing away from the highway
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Maitland, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Night mare! Horrible! When I walked into the place I was greeted first by the smell. Only one person working the desk, very slow check in. Once getting into my room the smell was even stronger. Walls paper thin, the highway sounds were louder then the air condition and tv. Also some poor sole was dealing with a crying baby. Not sure what room the baby was in. I called the front desk and was moved to another room. Same floor same baby, but away from the highway. Now I was in a room with double beds instead of a king, the air condition didn't work and the toilet didn't flush. The walls were plastered over holes and no attempt to paint over it. There appeared to be food stuck to the walls, or God knows what it was. My shoes where off only for a few minutes and my feet looked like I was walking for miles without shoes. There was actual mud that looked smeared on the wall. The bed... OMG it was gross, the sign on the bed about washing the sheets was nasty and the bed looked like someone already slept there. I called the front desk again, and was told to wait in the room and they would call me back. After 10 minutes I grabbed my stuff, went down stairs and checked out. They refused to refund my money, they couldn't even give me a receipt! I have never in my life checked out of a place. I thought I booked a clean place, this place should be shut down. I did not receive what I booked, yet this establishment refused to refund my money! I did stay at a Comfort Inn, at 875 94th Ave North, St Petersburg, FL. This one smells clean, the air condition works, the bathrooms are nice and clean, and beds look and smell nice and fresh. I took pictures but sadly can't post them here.

Room Tip: Drive past this place, you are better off staying in a homeless shelter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
St. Petersburg, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I agreewith the review that the lobby is nice and that is where it ends. The room are in desperate need of PROPER repairs. My room had holes in the walls around shower head. Repairs were attempted by unqualified people as the patches were unprofessional. Rough walls that hide germs, hles for moisture to seep in and cause mold.. They patch painted with pain that did not match. It is obivious that the owners don't care about the property.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Daytona Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The first room I was in had a hair dryer which I am sure is required by Choice Hotels but there was no place to plug it in. Imagine that?
The peeling paint in the shower was not very appealing and when I tried to toss my towel over the shower rod it swayed and was clearly ready to fall onto someone's head!

The bath towels were scratchy and some were in sad condition.
This was clearly not a Choice Hotel when it opened, but rather a hotel trying to get by without spending any money. The choice of coffee for the in-room coffee maker was fair to poor.

Room Tip: If your rooms faces I-75 you will have the noise of cars rumbling along the Interstate. If you face...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Gastonia, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I was booked at the comfort inn while my complex was being fumigated. I stated my concerns of the prior review about bedbugs. I was reassured there were no bed bugs and I would love My room. The rooms were clean the bathroom was beautiful the bed was comfortable and I love the curtains that made it look like midnight in middle of the day. The hostess was great I had no complaints I really enjoyed my stay although the continental breakfast wasn't all that great but other than that comrfort inn was excellent

• Stayed August 2012
Montgomery Village, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Chose this hotel because of it location. Used my choice privilege points for a 2 night stay. Walked into the room and the smell was overpowering. Went back to the front desk immediately and we were moved to a different room. Walked in to find the water was constantly running in the toilet. We didn't want to move rooms again so called it in. It was fixed the second day of our stay (second attempt). The first night I was uncomfortable and didn't know why. We woke up the next morning with itchy legs. Thought we had been bitten by mosquitoes the previous evening. The second night was terrible. I was scratching my legs all night. The next morning I started to see several red bite marks appear. My wife was much worse off than me. We couldn't figure out what the bite marks were. We checked out of the hotel and went to the next city we were staying in on the way my wife found a bug crawling on her. After some research we realized it was a bed bug and our experience from the previous 2 nights made sense. We called the hotel to report it. We were told a manger would call us right back. Never happened. I called 6 times after that and the manager was never available and never called back. That is pathetic! Will never stay at this hotel and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The staff while polite were not willingly helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

after a terrible experiance with AMERICAS BEST VALUE INN at tampa, we did our trip advisor research and decided to stay at this branch of COMFORT INN, having stayed at 1 previously in NYC and having a good experiance we went for it and booked 4 nights.

The good points
* great location - near st pete beach and 30 mins drive from busch gardens
* reception staff super friendly and helpfull
* clean comfy room that was cleaned daily :)
* pool, gym, wifi, breakfast and safe parking for the mustang
* close to interstate so very easy to get about
* room very well soundproofed from outside and other rooms
* brilliant value for money
* they had a office bit which guests could use - brillant for print out e-tickets

bad points
* at the time the in room wifi was down/wasn't set up, so we had to use the LAN connection - they provided the cable. this wasn't a hassle at all. and there was wifi in the lobby i believe.

Room Tip: our room was great, pritty sure all the other rooms will be as equally as good.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn North? Share your experiences!