“Not a true Choice Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn North

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn North to your Saves list
Comfort Inn North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2260 54th Ave N, I-275 exit 26, St. Petersburg, FL 33714   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #29 of 47 hotels in St. Petersburg
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Not a true Choice Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The first room I was in had a hair dryer which I am sure is required by Choice Hotels but there was no place to plug it in. Imagine that?
The peeling paint in the shower was not very appealing and when I tried to toss my towel over the shower rod it swayed and was clearly ready to fall onto someone's head!

The bath towels were scratchy and some were in sad condition.
This was clearly not a Choice Hotel when it opened, but rather a hotel trying to get by without spending any money. The choice of coffee for the in-room coffee maker was fair to poor.

Room Tip: If your rooms faces I-75 you will have the noise of cars rumbling along the Interstate. If you face...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

I was booked at the comfort inn while my complex was being fumigated. I stated my concerns of the prior review about bedbugs. I was reassured there were no bed bugs and I would love My room. The rooms were clean the bathroom was beautiful the bed was comfortable and I love the curtains that made it look like midnight in middle of the day. The hostess was great I had no complaints I really enjoyed my stay although the continental breakfast wasn't all that great but other than that comrfort inn was excellent

• Stayed August 2012
Montgomery Village, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Chose this hotel because of it location. Used my choice privilege points for a 2 night stay. Walked into the room and the smell was overpowering. Went back to the front desk immediately and we were moved to a different room. Walked in to find the water was constantly running in the toilet. We didn't want to move rooms again so called it in. It was fixed the second day of our stay (second attempt). The first night I was uncomfortable and didn't know why. We woke up the next morning with itchy legs. Thought we had been bitten by mosquitoes the previous evening. The second night was terrible. I was scratching my legs all night. The next morning I started to see several red bite marks appear. My wife was much worse off than me. We couldn't figure out what the bite marks were. We checked out of the hotel and went to the next city we were staying in on the way my wife found a bug crawling on her. After some research we realized it was a bed bug and our experience from the previous 2 nights made sense. We called the hotel to report it. We were told a manger would call us right back. Never happened. I called 6 times after that and the manager was never available and never called back. That is pathetic! Will never stay at this hotel and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The staff while polite were not willingly helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

after a terrible experiance with AMERICAS BEST VALUE INN at tampa, we did our trip advisor research and decided to stay at this branch of COMFORT INN, having stayed at 1 previously in NYC and having a good experiance we went for it and booked 4 nights.

The good points
* great location - near st pete beach and 30 mins drive from busch gardens
* reception staff super friendly and helpfull
* clean comfy room that was cleaned daily :)
* pool, gym, wifi, breakfast and safe parking for the mustang
* close to interstate so very easy to get about
* room very well soundproofed from outside and other rooms
* brilliant value for money
* they had a office bit which guests could use - brillant for print out e-tickets

bad points
* at the time the in room wifi was down/wasn't set up, so we had to use the LAN connection - they provided the cable. this wasn't a hassle at all. and there was wifi in the lobby i believe.

Room Tip: our room was great, pritty sure all the other rooms will be as equally as good.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Panacea, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Our room was rather small but very well arranged with needed comforts including refrigerator. Staff was very courteous and helpful. King sized bed was very good. Everything clean. Very affordable price for us as senior citizens.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

2 friends and I went to St. Petersburg to watch a Tamba Bay Rays MLB team game in hot late June. We arrived rather late (10:00 PM) and found this place using our GPS. Since we were 3 guys we asked for a room with 2 beds plus a rollaway bed. The guy in the front desk told us he could give us a $69 room but that he recommended the $99 room because it was a bigger room that could fit the rollaway bed. We arrived at the room and immediately noticed that the A/C wasn't functioning properly. We tried to adjust it to no avail and finally I went downstairs to ask for another room, which was provided immediately, and the room was nice and cool, and more than enough to accomodate the rollaway bed (which I had to drag myself because there was no help at night), so I wouldn't recommend upgrading your room if using a rollaway bed. The bathroom was huge. We stayed for 2 nights, and were there only to sleep, and it was OK. Never saw the swimming pool.They provide a standard breakfast which is quite convenient. Beware as someone else posted: the rooms have a/c's that turn on and off, which may be bothersome to some. We also had to turn the refrigerator off because it was kind of noisy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed for one night due to a late flight. This has good proximity to the St Pete area and I-275. Room was appointed well for this economy hotel. The in-room refrigerator was a plus for storing some drinks. The outdoor pool are was clean. Front desk staff polite and helpful. Comp breakfast had a few extra choices that are not always provided for this flag -- an unexpected plus.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn North? Share your experiences!