“Have never had better!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #9 of 45 Hotels in St. Petersburg
southwest, fla
“Have never had better!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

I don't post reviews often but this hotel really did go above and beyond. I had to travel to St. Petersberg for my son to have a procedure done at the children's hospital. I was really nervous about picking a place to stay because I didn't know the area and I have been really sorry for the hotel choice in the past for whatever reason. To the point, we arrived early for checkout and even though they didn't have any rooms available the front desk clerk was very apologetic that they didn't have any ready. I should have called ahead. No harm no foul. She did ask me how many children I had. I told her I had two but I only had one with me. She said she would have something for him when I came back to check in. She said they would have a room by three. We came back at 2:45 and they had our room all ready. Then she handed over a packet of papers that she had went online and printed out for my son with all kinds of mazes and activites for him to play with. It really helped for the hospital the next day. We got to the room and I recieved a call asking how things were and if we needed anything. Now maybe you have had someone do that but I haven't. It was really refreshing. The hotel staff went out of their to help us out. The room was nice. I was kind of concerned when I first saw it. It was previously a historic site. They did alot of renovating and it was probably one of the best I have stayed in. Real personal service. I would definitely stay there again.

The only downside is the mandatory valet parking.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Medellin, Colombia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

Stay in Courtyards all the time, over 100 nights in 2008, so know what to expect, this hotel did not meet those expectations.

Front desk service doesn't seem to care, breakfast buffett overpriced, rooms have been renovated but still not quite up to standards, at $159/night plus $10 for parking plus $10 for breakfast you can find better deals.

In this economy where hotels are usually begging for customers, I found the attitude of the hotel employees way below par, poor management, poor training.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2009

I stayed here for a business trip. This is a old hotel that as been completed renovated. The front desk area and lobby gives you an initial scare as it looks very old. However, the rooms are very clean and extremely nice. I would stay here again in a heart beat!

• Liked — Rooms were very clean
  • Disliked — Local- a little off the beat and path.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2008

This hotel was a surprise for me. I wasn’t expecting much but the room was large, clean and comfortable. The bathroom looked like it has been recently renovated.

I was there on business so it was great to unwind to lots of choice in TV channels after my conference. The hotel is also within walking distance to shops and restaurants,

The lobby is small and there are two computers available for you to use free of cost. Breakfast is available but that was the only time meals were served.

Overall service was very good.

• Liked — Location, service
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

the lady at hotels.com recommended this hotel. wonderful beds, comfortable everything, quiet even though close to the st petersburg airport. price was excellent.

• Liked — the beds
  • Disliked — no breakfast
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2008

Excellent service, from the warm welcome at check in. The rooms where very clean. The staff was very freindly.

Stayed July 2008
EXTERMINATOR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2008

My husband stayed at your hotel from Monday May 5 until he checked out on Thursday May 8th. He did not share the room alone he was joined by roaches not small ones but big ones. He complained at the front desk and they offered to change his room. Why roaches do not travel from room to room. He also got the number of the manager who he contacted by phone. He left a message and was not contacted. On his way to his conference he looked and everywhere he passed there were no vacancies otherwise he would have checked out. So he was stuck there until he left. I am shocked at the lack of consideration for guests who stay at this hotel. There is no excuse for roaches in this day and age. I have an exterminator that comes every other month to prevent any unwanted pests from entering our home. Maybe someone should enlighten the owners of this hotel. I am glad my husband is out of there and if he brings any of those pests into our bug free home you will be hearing from me further.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The roaches
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Courtyard by Marriott St. Petersburg Downtown? Share your experiences!