Save Saved
Ranked #9 of 46 hotels in St. Petersburg
East Setauket, New York
“Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nice hotel, clean, very friendly service
The location was limited. They do provide transport within 3 miles for free, which is needed
I did walks--(short) to the pier and restaurants--- but I would not have been comfortable returning a night. Breakfast is available for a fee-- only till 9:30, mostly business people. If you sleep in, only have coffee in the lobby, or 8-10 min. walk for breakfast. Room was quiet and clean, pleasant experience

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
I am happy to hear that our Courtyard by Marriott St Petersburg Downtown was a good choice for you on your recent trip to the area. I am glad that our shuttle was of a benefit to you as a means to get around in the downtown area. I do apologize that our breakfast hours were not beneficial to you, and for future information we do extend those hours on Saturday and Sunday to 11:00 AM so that our guests who choose a more leisurly schedule will be able to take advantage of the Breakfast.
We hope to see you again when you are in the area.

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Alliston, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is in part the old and restored Pennsylvania hotel from the 20s. The room I had was in the newest part of the hotel and had a one bedroom with a large living space. Very nice and I was really surprised when I opened the door for the first time. The location is about a 15 minute walk and it is quite pleasant walking to and from the water. I must have walked it 20 times as the conference I was attending was at the Marriott Vinoy. There is a great brew pub just up from the hotel at the intersection to the left when you come out the main door. Just off 4th Ave. Live entertainment there. I recommend the Florida Ale.
The walk along the water past the Vinoy s nice and the walkway leads to a tropical garden with some plant details on signs. Nice walk and also interesting.
Staff was very pleasant and helpful. I would glad,y return. Hope you enjoy St Petersburg!

Mike.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We will be happy to host you on your next trip to St. Petersburg! Thank you for comments regarding your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown St. Petersburg. We are very fortunate to be located in such a great city as St. Petersburg which has so much to offer. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit with us.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

"Historic" hotel in downtown St. Pete but rooms were clean, updated and spacious. Free wifi - but the signal was a little sketchy - worked okay for email, etc but gave me a little trouble when I tried to watch a program on my ipad. Rooms were very quiet. Check in was quick, easy and friendly. Free shuttle to conference I was attending at the Vinoy down the street - seemed to always be there at the right time. Valet parking only for $12 per day - only downside was there was only one attendant so long wait times if you wanted your car at the same time as everyone else.

• Stayed February 2013
We appreciate our guests sharing their experience with other travelers and I am happy that we provided you with a great stay. As a side note, we have added a couple of additional access points for our internet signal as a way to increase the connectivity of the Internet service. Thank you for your comments!

Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

You can hear your neighbors TV clearly. When I asked for a quieter room, they did accommodate, but kept saying "we can't guarantee anything", and the manager who changed my room seemed annoyed. Wasn't a good experience, and I won't stay again. I travel for a living, and the customer service was the issue here. There is a way to handle a situation professionally, and there is this.

• Stayed February 2013
I am sorry that you found your first room not soundproof enough for you to get a good night's rest. We do understand that some rooms provide more more of a filter than others for noise transfer. Your room change should have been handled quickly and professionally and it appears that was not the case and I apoloize for the lack of caring and understanding. I will certainly share your comments as a part of our ongoing training as this is how we continue to improve.

chicago, illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

While we stay at Marriott properties whenever possible, the brand's 'sameness' need (though high quality) is pretty predictable. That IS one of the reasons we choose them. That being said, this downtown property - formerly the Pennsylvania Hotel, built in 1925 - is a total charmer. It's old and quirky and funky - but also with all the high quality service and care one expects with Marriott. Location was central. Valet parking - with in & out privileges - only $12 a day - and there was a complimentary shuttle provided for wherever/whenever. Also, downtown St. Pete has a great trolley to anywhere you'd want to see that's only $.50 a trip. Or just walk. We explored for three days and had a delightful time. The Courtyard staff was wonderful. Comp. coffee in the lobby - nice pool and gym - and nice chocolates at check-in along with the basket of apples on the front desk in the a.m. ... PLUS, comp. warm fresh cookies mid-to-late afternoon! Just like coming home from school and Mom had baked! THANKS! When we return to St. Pete, we're sure to stay at this adorable inn.

Room Tip: small urban inn - only 7 floors - so street sounds are unavailable. enjoy the urban experience!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott St Petersburg Downtown. We love the historic aspect of our property which is a bit different than most Courtyards. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return!

Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Just stayed one night while in town to have dinner with friends. Valet parking is required unless you can find parking on the street. The lobby is rather small, but very lovely with the old marble from the original hotel (1925). There is onsite breakfast for about $9 in the bar area. I believe the bar is open in the evening until about 10 pm. Our room was very large - king bed, refrig and flat screen TV. The bathroom was also very large. A couple of complaints though. There was a slight cigarette smell to the bathroom. That is maybe why the windows were left open when it was in the 40s outside. To heat up the room we ran the heater for a short time. It is rather noisy - just a lot of blowing noise. It worked fine and the room was comfortable once it got warm. The refrig started making a noise during the night which woke us up so that had to be unplugged.Upon checking out we were not asked about our stay or how things were. I did not bother to mention anything to the clerk.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give your comments regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott St Petersburg, Downtown. I am pleased to hear that you enjoy our historic property. We are proud of the original elements that were preserved in the renovations. I do apologize for the smoke odor. We do make every effort to ensure compliance with our no smoking policy however; there are rare occasions it is not followed. Additionally, I am sorry that there was too much noise in your room. I have shared your comments with our engineering staff, so that we can take the proper steps to address issues such as yours. Thank you again for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott St Petersburg and Marriott. I hope we see you again should your travels bring you to St Petersburg.

Maryland USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed recently at this Marriott because we were disenchanted with other St Pete choices and knew we could count on the Marriott reputation. We were fortunate to get in when we made the reservation 6 months early because of a 1/2 marathon race during the weekend. Many thanks to a staff member for working us in! We took advantage of the senior rate and had a very clean and welcoming room for 3 nights. Our young granddaughters joined us on the last night, and the sofa bed proved to work well for them. Many thanks to all the staff members who helped us with our room arrangements, upkeep, breakfast, directions to local spots, and parking. We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I am pleased to hear that your stay was a pleasant experience. I am glad that our staff was able to acomodate you during one of our busy St Petersburg weekends! We hope you will visit us again when you return to St Petersburg and thank you for sharing your comments with others.
Kathy Cablish

Been to Courtyard by Marriott St. Petersburg Downtown? Share your experiences!