“Truly Tasty Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 713 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Locally owned taqueria specializing in homemade corn tortilla tacos, veggie items, bowls, tortas, homemade soups and daily specials.
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Truly Tasty Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2015

I'm from Southern California and it's been difficult to find good Mexican here and, though it pains me to say it because this place is more like kitschy cute Mexican, the food is soooo good. The tacos are fat with meat, something you don't normally see even in authentic Mexican places, and they make all their own sauces which just happen to be fantastic! Oh and I also want to mention the staff. The place is clean and everyone was pleasant and knew what they were doing. We are looking forward to many return visits.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tampa, Florida
“Best fish tacos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2015

Everything is fresh, including home made corn tortillas. Vegetarian options too. Daily specials at affordable prices. We also order take out to take with us to Tampa Bay Rays games!! Love the bowls as well.

Visited April 2015
Largo, Florida
“Outing with visitors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2015

Freshly made food, good choices, nice selection of bottled beers. FRESH FRESH FRESH!! Interesting daily specials.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
St. Pete Beach, Florida
“4th Street location....it's good. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2015

I had lunch at Casita Taqueria last week. The restaurant is small and simple. The food is good and portions are respectable.

Service is order at counter and they bring it out to you. Fountain sodas are self serve. They also offer Jarritos sodas by the bottle.

I ordered 2 carnitas tacos. They are served with traditional toppings: onion, cilantro, and lime. Yum! Do not expect shredded cheese and sour cream. I found the meat portion to be significant but the topping were lost. An extra dose of lime and cilantro would have gone a long way. The tortillas seemed a bit thicker than I am used to.

My colleague had 2 shrimp tacos. I ordered a Mandarin Jarritos. My colleague had water. Total with tax: $18.71.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great last minute find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2015

We live here year-round but had never before tried this eatery. The front outdoor eating area was packed so we figured the food must be good. We both ordered the Carnitas Tacos and beer. It's more like a café setting … ordered and paid for our food at the counter, seated ourselves, and our food was brought to the table. I didn't realize it was a soft taco but that was fine, I actually prefer soft tacos. Food was tasty and well-presented considering it came in a paper-lined plastic basket. We're not fussy so it was perfect. Found the wall decor very interesting and we honestly liked the feel, the ambience. If I was hungrier I would have also ordered guacamole … next time. On my way to the restroom, which was very clean, we walked out through the back door and discovered a very spacious, private, and simply designed grassy area with picnic tables and outdoor heaters for those cool Florida days & nights (see photos). I like it. I will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere