“Great Location, good luck getting a room.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Motel

Holiday Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St. Petersburg
Holiday Motel
You added Holiday Motel to your Saves list
415 24th Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33704   |
Ranked #28 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Palm Bay, Florida
“Great Location, good luck getting a room.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is a great location along 4th Streets Garden District. I walk out my door to the left & within 5 minutes I can be at City Produce or Fresh Market for some groceries. If I do not want to cook there’s Evo’s Eats. Myself, I like a cold beer & good music with my supper so I usually find myself at the Ringside Café where they host live local music 7 nights a week. This a not an all inclusive list of what you may find, & bear in mind we’ve only looked to the left. Out the door to the right you’ll hit another hip little pub, a Greek restaurant, pizza, Melting pot etc.
I’ve stayed at several places along the 4th Street strip & this area is one of my favorites because of Crescent Lake Park is just around the corner. This is a great spot for a jog around the lake. Between the walk/jog path, dog park, tennis courts, baseball field, playground, goose & duck feeding, & Banyan tree climbing, there is plenty of people watching to do.
Let’s be honest, this place is old - 84 years I’m told. This is not your white washed homogenized always the same in every city I go to hotel. This place proudly displays the grit of life well lived. If you cruising down the boulevard with Bukowski, Kerouac, or Thompson this is where you’d stay. Living on the road full time I carry many of my own creature comforts, such as my favorite blanky & pillows, to help make me feel at home.
Here you get a front & back door, a full kitchen, full fridge, sink, dishes, pots, pans, & a gas oven & range. The bed was a double, with a love seat, chair, chest of drawers & small table in the room. This place is cozy, do not expect to be hosting any lavish dinner parties. The bathroom is tiny, with no counter space the shower was a tight squeeze for me at 6ft 220lbs.
The owner manager is Mr. Race, a very accommodating, let me know what you need, onsite every day, kind of guy. Mr. Lee is your live in, full time, fix it if it’s broke man. If something’s missing, broke, or you just need some local knowledge these guys will take care of you.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank WmJC

Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I recently stayed at the Holiday Motel. The rooms smelled like cigarette smoke and are in need of renovation. Also, the place would benefit from a thorough cleaning, but I must say that the motel owner is very kind and he prices his rooms reasonable.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Dori C
St. Petersburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2008

I came for a 2 week visit and searched for several "clean" motels without sucess until I stop in to the Holiday Motel. I found the manager, Race Jagdeo to be very respectable and kind. I was extremely pleased to see how clean the rooms, the property and the laundry facilities were. The price was very resonable which included a seperate kitchette, cable, phone. Mr. Jagdeo was there daily morning till evening to make sure every quest was satisfied and if there was ever a problem, he was quick to resolve it. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed May 2008
6 Thank JustDee
Cleveland, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2007

I stayed at the Holiday Motel for several winters from 1993 through 2003, as a winter getaway from Ohio snow and cold.

Race Jagdao was the motel owner at the time and was always most concerned about my happiness and well-being. I cannot say enough good things about him.

I hope to return soon