Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in St. Petersburg
North Port, Florida, United States
“Not a bad choice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We have stayed here twice to see the Rays with the kids and it is ok. This time they upgraded us to a suite which was comfortable and a huge plus for a family of four. Downsides this time: the granite in the kitchen was porous and had water marks on it which was kind of a turn off and our soap dish had stubble hairs in it from a previous guest which also was kind of gross. Our shower drained slowly and we had standing water in it. Note that the game shuttle drops you off at a near by gas station which can be sketchy walking from the stadium at night. The heated pool isn't any warmer than our non-heated pool at home. The breakfast isn't much but it is nice if you want to save money and you are not picky. Overall not terrible and if you need service to the game but don't want to pay as much as it takes to stay at the other local choices and avoid paying parking both at the hotel and the stadium it works. My husband left his custom belt behind but we didn't realize it until a few days later so figured it is gone by now. We could have complained but felt it kind of was what it was.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Raj T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear jennilovesryan,

Thank you for your review!
We appreciate when guests bring to our attention issues that they experienced during their stay so we can address them with the appropriate staff.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed the extra room that our suited offer. The inconveniences you mentioned are definitely not part of our standards as you experienced on your first visit and we hope you will give us a chance to demonstrate that to you in the future.

If you need assistance with your reservations please let me know and I'll be happy to assist you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed here in early April to attend a Rays game. The shuttle to the game and great and the fairly young driver (can't remember his name) was very friendly. Front desk was very nice and upgraded us to a suite because of our Priority club status. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear BillyRed1,

Thank you for staying with us!
We appreciate your loyalty to our hotels and we hope to welcome you back soon to our property.

Baseball game just started! :-)

Rochester Hills, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Unfortunately I had a very uncomfortable stay. The room was a little warm when I checked in so I turned on the air conditioner and went to dinner. The air conditioner in Room 303 filled the room with the odor of wet microbiology. I was fortunate that the evening cooled and I was able to shut off the AC. But the odor lingered and the window can't be opened.

The young lady at the front desk was very apologetic but unfortunately didn't have another non-smoking room to offer. [ I didn't realize you can still smoke in a Florida hotel.]

I was booked at another Holiday Inn Express in a different city the next night, but switched hotels rather than risk two uncomfortable nights.

Sigh.

The hot breakfast was terrific! I love the sausage gravy. My stay ended on an up note. But I doubt I will return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Joe J,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay.

We are addressing the AC issue you mentioned to be sure that it's solved and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention.

We are glad to know that our Front Desk staff provided a great service and hope you do come back and we'll have some more of that sausage gravy and a smile waiting for you.

Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We visited childhood memories I had in the Grenada Historic District; 1924, located on Coffeepot Bayou. Hotel was very clean, service friendly, Cracker Barrel next door. 3rd floor room facing 275 was quiet. My smartphone kept pushing $111 per night rates after we booked @ $120. That was confusing. We use AAA rates. So value was confusing.

• Stayed February 2014
Raj T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Travelartgolf,

Thank you for writing about your stay at our hotel.
We are glad to know you found the staff service to your liking as well as the cleanliness of the hotel.
We shared your comments with the appropriate personnel.

Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed here for New Years. Our friends live close by and we took a taxi to downtown. The room was very nice. The beds were comfortable. They have a nice breakfast. Close to interstate. A couple of restaurants near by. Cracker Barrel and a Waffle house. Service station.

Room Tip: We had a non smoking on first floor and it was very nice & big. Had microwave, coffee pot and fr...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Raj T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Lucinda M,

We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed our facilities and the convenience of our location. We are not only close to downtown but also only a short drive from the beach!

We hope to welcome you back in the near future, and maybe on your next visit you'll be able to enjoy the beautiful coast of St. Petersburg and surrounding areas.

Sylacauga, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We were in town for a family event and found the hotel a perfect location. The staff was friendly and the room very comfortable. The bed was comfy and hard and soft pillows were great. Our room had a microwave, fridge, iron and board which we used and appreciated. The breakfast was super, coffee offered was strong and regular. How can you beat that? We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was close to elevator and we did not hear it. Location on third floor was quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Judith V,

Thank you for your review!
We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It's very satisfactory to know you enjoyed our facilities, but most of all, it is great to read good comments about the service provided by our staff. We are very proud of them!

Come visit us again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I booked this hotel on Hotwire thinking that the location was downtown, but I was wrong. The location is north of downtown very close (Cracker Barrel close) to 275. The location ended up being just fine for us-a great middle point between the museum area and the beaches. Everything we wanted to do was a very short drive from the hotel.

The front desk and maintenance staff were all super friendly. I cannot complain about the service. Oh, and the rooms come with a mini fridge and microwave which is very convenient.

The first thing I noticed upon approaching our room(205) was the strong odor of disinfectant. It was even stronger in the room. So, either the place is clean or gives the impression that it is clean. The carpet is a brown color which can hide dirt well. The linens and bathroom were spotless. I don't know what they use to scrub the room, but if you have a sensitivity to these odors, you might have a problem.

The standard rooms are large, good for families. We took advantage of the free breakfast which included the standard bread and pastry items along with eggs and bacon and biscuits and gravy. Very nice spread and a large area with tables to eat.

We didn't use the outdoor pool. It is there, overlooking a parking lot. I used the very basic fitness center-an elliptical bike, and treadmill. One pair of dumbbell weights. A TV and a mat. Ok for a quick cardio workout.

The big negative about this hotel is the noise. The walls are paper thin and we clearly heard the family next to us and the people above us all night. There was a constant thump of footsteps whenever we were in the room.

I prefer to stay in more central locations, but if we were to do a trip with multiple destinations around the area, I would consider staying here again. The price was right for what we got.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for something on the top floor to eliminate overhead foot traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Raj T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Mrs. Amanda,

Thank you very much for your comments about your stay.
The opinion of experienced travellers like yourself are one of the most valuable tools we have to keep improving our services and facilities.

We are working closely with the staff to review the points you mentioned and find areas of opportunity for improvement.

Our staff is very welcoming, courteous and helpful and we are glad that came across during your stay!

Sincerely, Management.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275

Address: 2171 54th Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33714
Location: United States > Florida > St. Petersburg
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275 2.5*
Take a Virtual Tour of the hotel.Come and explore the beauty of St. Petersburg, FL here at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg, Home of Tampa Bay Rays! This newly refreshed property is conveniently located in a quite area off of I-275, and is only minutes away from Tropicana Field, Tampa International Airport (TPA), St. Pete-Clearwater Airport (PIE), Downtown Saint Pete. & other major attractions.During your stay experience & enjoy our excellent service, hot breakfast bar every morning, check your email at the business center, relax at the heated pool, or workout at the fitness center. Visit the Cracker Barrel, steps away from the hotel, or discover new cuisine at many other easily accessible Tampa Bay Restaurants. Attractions within 5 MI: Tropicana Field, Vinoy Golf Resort, Mahaffey Theater, The Coliseum, The Pier & Aquarium, Baywalk Mall, Sunken Garden, & Salvador Dali Museum. Within 30 MI: award winning beaches, Skyway Bridge, Busch Gardens, Ft. Desoto Park, & Raymond James Stadium.Business parks within 5 MI: Downtown St. Petersburg, Gateway Business Centre, Koger Center, and Carillon Business Center. Hospitals within 5 MI: All Children s Hospital, Bay Front Medical Center, St. Anthony s Hospital, Edward White Hospital, Northside Hospital, Bay Pines VA Medical Center, and St. Petersburg General Hospital. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites St. Petersburg North i-275
Holiday Inn St Petersburg
Holiday Inn Saint Petersburg
Saint Petersburg Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.