“Clean Hotel-Nice Staff-Convenient for Ray's Games” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2171 54th Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33714   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 46 hotels in St. Petersburg
Florida
“Clean Hotel-Nice Staff-Convenient for Ray's Games”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during Memorial Day Weekend. Hotel is easy to find right off Interstate and right next to a very convenient Cracker Barrel Restaurant. We arrived before check-in time but our room was ready and the desk clerk was excellent! (sorry cant remember his name but he was young and worked Thursday 5/23/2013 at 2 pm) All the employees greeted us each time we saw them. The housekeeper for our room was very friendly and polite. The room was clean and the beds and bed linens very clean. Breakfast was included and the breakfast room was clean and well stocked each of the mornings we stayed. The breakfast attendant was efficient and friendly. The cinnamon rolls were great! It is a great hotel to stay at when attending a Ray's Baseball game at Tropicana Field! Just 5 minutes away. We attended an event at the Mahaffey Theatre and it was just 10 minutes away. This hotel is in a residential area so there isn't much food places or shopping nearby. There was a Waffle House and gas station North of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Raj T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear ScottPamR,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your stay in our hotel.

We are happy to read that the staff was welcoming and we'll be sure to share with everyone your comments about Josh and your check in experience.

106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you are looking for a simple hotel this may be it. I stayed at this hotel for 4 day and was out and about most of the days. It served more as a home base for me. It met all my needs of affordability, clean and location. Rooms were cleaned daily and never had an issue. Staff was knowledgeable and nice.

I didn't get in the pool but did sit next to the pool one evening. It was small, and again basic. The gym had one treadmill, one ellipitical, one bicycle and one set of weights. Also, pleasantly surprised with the breakfast. It had regular continental breakfast items along with hot items. I loved the cinnabuns they had. I don't think I was the only one who was suprised with the breakfast spread.

All in all, this hotel had everything I was looking for and no complaints.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear marya009,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay in out property.
It's great to know that we were able to provide all that you were looking for and, that you enjoyed our breakfast so much. The cinnamon rolls are really delicious aren't they?

We hope to welcome you again in the future.
Goldsboro, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here for two nights when i went down to catch the Rays-Yankees games. This is a great place to stay. The rooms are clean and up to date, The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The breakfast was ok but it is located right next to the Cracker Barrel. They also have a free shuttle service that takes you to the games so you dont have to pay to park once you get there. Saves about $20.I would stay here again when i go down to catch another game.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jetssssss,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Guests comments and suggestions are a great tool we have to keep improving our services and facilities!

We are glad you took advantage of our free shuttle to the game. The objective is definitely to make your experience more enjoyable and hassle-free when you are here for the game, and saving a few dollars is always a nice plus, right?

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Let me start by saying that I am a Marriott Hyatt kind of girl. I don't like express type hotels and wouldn't have stayed here had it not been for my client. I stay in 75 hotel rooms per year.
The service I got at this little hotel was fantastic. I would have to say it is the best service I can ever remember at any hotel in the word. ( I know .... really?)
The two desk clerks were so kind. I needed copies of training material and they made them with a smile. The night clerk offered to pick up the originals in my room and return them when he was finished. I thought I was on candid camera.
This is not a beach hotel. It's off the freeway next to a Cracker Barrel.
The rooms though are fine and the breakfast was very well done.
Again though, the two clerks ( night and day shift) get a A ++ for being so kind to a worn out traveler with too much to do.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Raj T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear KathyF53,

Thank you very much for your comments about your stay in our hotel.

We are very happy to know about your satisfaction with the service provided by our staff.
We'll be sure to share your review with them and the other members of our staff!

Management.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is a hotel we would return with joy. Nice hotel,clean rooms and the staff is wonderful.
The breakfast is more than good and plenty of food.A big plus is the neighbor restaurant. just a short walk across the parking lot.

Thank you guys for the upgrade. You stole my hart.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Raj T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Florilando,

Thank you so much for you kind review.
We are very please to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back soon!

New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed here for one night and loved it! Clean, nice, and the staff was so helpful! Was going to a Rays game that night and they had a free shuttle to and from the game which was so handy!
The stff was especially helpful and friendly and I'd stay here again!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Raj T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Terrenski,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you again in the near future!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We were in St. Petersburg for the Yankees-Rays game and needed a hotel near the baseball stadium. We came upon this one, and not only was in a great little hotel, but, they had a free shuttle that dropped you off and picked up up from the stadium. I cannot tell you how convenient this made going to the game. Not needing the car, or worrying about parking, OR PAYING extra money for parking. This was just great, and made staying here the right choice.

The hotel was clean and is located right next door to a Cracker Barrel. That being said, breakfast is included with your stay here and the pancake maker is just amazing! If you are a morning person, I would head downstairs and try out their pancake maker! Once you try it you will want one for your own home!

I gave the property 5 stars because it met everything that we needed the hotel for. Clean room, convenient location, no issues at all. Will definitely stay here again when I come back for a game.

Room Tip: The restaurant rating was for the breakfast. Also, I did not use the kids activities, but didn't...