“Great location and fantastic customer service!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2171 54th Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33714   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in St. Petersburg
gladyskravitz
“Great location and fantastic customer service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We were in St. Pete for the Rock and Roll Marathon and looked for a hotel close to Tropicana Field. This hotel was perfect. It was about 8 minutes from the stadium. The room as relatively average; however, the customer service was great. We were offered water, given directions and a map to the beach, and provided with excellent restraunt recommendations. The breakfast was typical continental but decent with a number of options. One the morning of the race, the runners had to leave the hotel around 5AM. In the lobby they had set up good luck bags with fruit, granola bars and water. Nice touch. We were also offered a late checkout. We will definitely be here next year, along with our friends who stayed at other hotels. The only complaint were the thin walls -- we heard the people walking in the room above us quite a bit. All in all -- customer service was great!

Room Tip: We had a non-smoking King.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Our experience was no where near as bad as what others have described. The room was moist and the bed was a bit lumpy, but overall it was fine - probably the worst element was the super-thin walls that had you hear everything everyone had to say. Not ideal when trying to sleep in after a later check-in and long drive on the day prior. The room was very moist smelling, but was large, clean and not moldy or offensive as others have described. And the staff were lovely. This is definitly not a 3 or 4 star hotel, but as a stop-over in St. Petersburg we found it more than adequate given the discounted price we got from an online site.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Raj T, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Jfk00,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay in our hotel. Guest comments are the best tool we have to keep improving our services and product.

I'm sorry that you felt the rooms were moisty. We will look into that. On the other hand, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed the service from our staff!

Best Regards,
Manuela O'Brien.
Pensacola, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We took and impromptu trip to St. Petersburg, FL to see the sunken Gardens and the Gulf Coast. We were leaving the next morning and were looking for a nice, affordable place to stay near I-275. I have always been pleased with Holiday Inn Express but this one was so comfortable and clean. A great value for the money. Convenient to I 275, clean, spacious, beautiful rooms. Great continental breakfast which included Cinnabon. Love Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

We have staid twice at this well located, clean and comfortable hotel. The most recent one this past weekend (Dec 9, 2912). The rooms are clean, good size and comfortable. Offer all amenities expected from a decent hotel where the intention is to spend a few days. Their lobby is nice and their breakfast room is very convenient, clean and the breakfast a decent standard one. If you are lucky to find yourself being greeted by Craig, when checking in, you will feel at home! Their free Internet works perfectly and even their business center became handy and for free as well. If you are a Cracker Barrel fan, you have one right next to you (no need to drive). This hotel is strongly recommended.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

It is too bad ...this hotel has a great location and it is next door to a Cracker Barrel. The rooms are challenged by mustiness, cleaning odors, and old air conditioning. Our clothes got damp in the suitcases (?!)
The mattresses are old, soft, and lumpy. And the hotel is in need of a major renovation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear cpdowdell,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the location of our property.

However, We’re sorry about the mustiness, cleaning odors and the old air conditioning. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Positives: This hotel was very nice. Very clean, very nice front desk employee. The breakfast was great. Hot eggs, sausage, pancakes, juices, fruit, yogurt. Easy access on and off the highway. Our room faced the highway and we were worried about traffic noise, but really there was none. It was very quiet. Room was adequate, nothing fancy. Beds were comfy.

Negatives: Really only one. Our room STANK. We had a suite on the 3rd level and while I don't think it was the room itself that smelled, I think it was the air conditioner. Really smelly moldy, mildewy smell that didn't go away ever. The windows didn't open so we couldn't air it out. We didn't complain as we were there only the night on our way south, but I did mention it to management on our way out. Hopefully they will do something about it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My friend and I went down to for a business trip, when we arrived we were told that we had been charged a no show fee for our reservation the night before, which was a mix up and we told them that we needed to stay the night of the 20th instead, our boss was paying for the room and sent down a credit card authorization for the night of the 20th, not the 19th. But she was charged anyways without authorization for her credit card, I asked to speak with the GM everyday before we left for business but we were always told he was not in. Once we finally got checked into our room it reeked of mold, when we went down to the desk and informed the staff they told us that they knew about the problem and said they would try and find us another room, after going into 5 other rooms we finally found one that didn't smell like mold. Now that we are home I am finding that I have $415.00 worth of charges on my credit card with an additional $415.00 hold even though it was only supposed to be charged for one night! I have been calling the hotel for a week now and I can not get the GM or the assistant GM to call me back! One of the worst experiences I have ever had with a Holiday Inn Express, I have always showed preference to this chain because it was known for its cleanliness and good service, IHG should be embarrassed to have this be one of their properties. We stayed for a total of 3 nights and every day there was a new problem that was always passed onto someone else. The other 2 nights were supposed to be charged to the other person's card, I hope she is having better luck than I am!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear anotheropinion21,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am truly disappointed to hear of the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Regards,

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275

Address: 2171 54th Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33714
Location: United States > Florida > St. Petersburg
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275 2.5*
Take a Virtual Tour of the hotel.Come and explore the beauty of St. Petersburg, FL here at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg, Home of Tampa Bay Rays! This newly refreshed property is conveniently located in a quite area off of I-275, and is only minutes away from Tropicana Field, Tampa International Airport (TPA), St. Pete-Clearwater Airport (PIE), Downtown Saint Pete. & other major attractions.During your stay experience & enjoy our excellent service, hot breakfast bar every morning, check your email at the business center, relax at the heated pool, or workout at the fitness center. Visit the Cracker Barrel, steps away from the hotel, or discover new cuisine at many other easily accessible Tampa Bay Restaurants. Attractions within 5 MI: Tropicana Field, Vinoy Golf Resort, Mahaffey Theater, The Coliseum, The Pier & Aquarium, Baywalk Mall, Sunken Garden, & Salvador Dali Museum. Within 30 MI: award winning beaches, Skyway Bridge, Busch Gardens, Ft. Desoto Park, & Raymond James Stadium.Business parks within 5 MI: Downtown St. Petersburg, Gateway Business Centre, Koger Center, and Carillon Business Center. Hospitals within 5 MI: All Children s Hospital, Bay Front Medical Center, St. Anthony s Hospital, Edward White Hospital, Northside Hospital, Bay Pines VA Medical Center, and St. Petersburg General Hospital. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites St. Petersburg North i-275
Holiday Inn St Petersburg
Holiday Inn Saint Petersburg
Saint Petersburg Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.