“Here for business” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 47 hotels in St. Petersburg
Palm Beach
“Here for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Our check in was quick and easy. The room although small was very clean, as was the bathroom. Breakfast area was good and it was clean too. Staff was friendly. Waiting on the pending charges to clear one credit card to go to the other, but that's normal. All in all a nice trip and would stay there again. Only 'con' parking gets a little tight if hotel if full.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you or taking the time to publish a review. I am happy that you found the hotel satisfactory. We hope to see you again if you are ever in St. Petersburg

121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Caracas, Venezuela
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We went for only one night, our principal interest was to visit the Dali museun. Perfect location, close to downtown using a car, about 10 minutes. The room was clean, fare price, nice staff, average breakfast, bagles, cereal, waffles, coffee, bananas, yogourt, orange and apple juice. Good relation price and offer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. If you are in St. Petersburg again, we hope to see you.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

We made a standard visit/stay at the hotel. Called it standard as we travel as a family very often. Came to St Pete for a boys gymnastics competition. In the middle of the night a car alarm went off, it was going on and off and unfortunately this woke up our family. I went to the front desk to ask if they could call the owner and the front desk lady within a few seconds labeled me as being rude and obnoxious. I explained to her that I'm just coming to ask for help as it was impossible to sleep like this. She continued with this accusations and I explained that probably we would just check out and look for another place even if it is 2:00 am. (By the way, it is 3:10 right now and the car alarm still goes on and off). As she went on telling me how I lacked of education I asked for her name and she said that "for a bad complaint she wouldn't give me her name" I called La Quinta customer service and the recording line stated that they're closed. I called reservations and asked for the manager's name. As I did, the front desk lady called the police!!! When the police came she found a husband, wife and nine year old girl waiting for them, spoke to us and had no problem. As she found out that there was no issue (the police was very kind and totally unbiased) she tried to provoke by saying that if I spoke to her like I did, probably I talk to my wife the same way, she found no reaction from neither one of us and the police told us that because we are not being asked to leave we could just go back to our room. So we did......
I will tak to the manager later as we check out a night before planned. However, it is important for me to write this review. As the owner of a franchised preschool, if I happen to hear about an employee with such attitude, I would let the person go unless justified and calling the police because I customer wants to complain about an employee is totally unjustified. In addition, the Brand, La Quinta will no longer be used by our family and I hope the owner/manager of this specific facility (property number 6556) does something about it. I staid at room 206 and at 3:15 am while still hearing the car's alarm and taking the time to write this review, I offer anyone from this hotel to call me to get any further details to be able to make an informative decision. I know how difficult it is for any business owner to receive reviews like this one but as a customer I am not willing to give up my rights to make a justified complaint about a service and calling the police in exchange for a complain will simply take us to become a very degraded society. Thank you.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Per the conversations I had with the guest, the issue has been addressed in detail with the employee in question. She assures me that she is very sorry for what happened that night, that the matter got out of hand, and that nothing similar will ever occur again. On behalf of the hotel, I offer my sincerest apology for what happened. Thank you, TomH - AGM for VinayP
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is an average hotel. What is advertised as a suite is a standard hotel room with a small, 12x12 kitchen. Except for a small, bedside chair, there is no living area. Also, the kitchen is not clean and lacks cooking utensils.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment. We will definitely look into replacing the cooking utensils, so that guests may fully use the kitchen to cook meals.
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a very easy hotel to find from Tampa International airport. It is very clean and quiet. The rooms are not very big. There was a slight ticking sound from the refrigerator in the room, but it did not bother me. The bathroom is a good size and was very clean. The closet was a little bit small, but adequate. It is not in a great part of St. Petersburg, but the area isn’t bad either. Overall, this is a nice place. It doesn’t cost very much which makes it a great deal.

I stayed at this hotel November 13th to the 17th.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your good review. I am pleased that you found our hotel to be clean and a good value for money. Thank you again for taking the time to respond. Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel if we can ever be of service to you.
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Reserved room for family for 2days as it is only 1block from my house.Have used this hotel many times over the years.Although it is on a busy street the rooms are quiet and they serve a nice breakfast daily at no charge. They have a small pool which is always kept clean and we always have a good time after a busy day just relaxing and swimming.The price is always good and the staff are excellent.A great place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice.