“Would stay here again for sure.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Explore Dali Museum
Ranked #3 of 45 hotels in St. Petersburg
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Would stay here again for sure.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Visiting for Spring Training vacation. Used Hilton honors points for a mini suite. Nice room (lots of space) but did not have a balcony. After our first day here, we asked if there were any mini suites available with a balcony. Wanda at the front desk said one would be available that afternoon. I told her we would be gone all day at the game and then out to dinner so we wouldn't be back until late that evening. She said just pack your bags, leave them in the room and she would make sure everything got transferred to our new room while we were gone. Came back late that night and everything was transferred to our new room. Even everything we had in the fridge! (Which was a lot, mostly alcohol). :-) I thanked Wanda the next day and that's when she told me she personally went to our room to make sure everything had been moved over. Now THAT's customer service. I'm sure not such a big deal by hotel standards, but a very big deal by customer standards. And i travel alot so I am a bit of a hotel snob. Thank you Wanda for taking care of us. It's appreciated more than you know.

Room Tip: Some balconies/rooms face the "fountain", which is actually the fountain in the parking lo...

421 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here while on our vacation trip to spring training. We were surprised to see how beautiful the hotel and area around the hotel was since its in the Carillon business park. there is a very nice Eco-sanctuary outside the hotel and there is a nature walk around it which is perfect for walks/runs and sunset strolls. The hotel itself is everything you would expect from Hilton. Very friendly and helpful staff and very clean. The rooms aren't that large but still spacious enough for what you need. We had a king bed and it was very comfortable. We did et at the Luna restaurant which is down in the lobby of the hotel. Luna was terrific. We were seated right away and the food was excellent at decent prices. Overall the hotel was perfect for our stay. You are very close to I275 which takes you up to Clearwater or to Tampa so you're about 20-25 minutes from anything in the Tampa/Clearwater/St Pete area. Prices will beat out others you find but it's worth it.

Denver, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

In Florida on business and stayed to take in a Phillies spring training game. Hotels near the baseball park were rather expensive and not all that great. We decided to find a location close enough, but, still at a reasonable price. This Hilton is 15 minutes from the park and was great! Fairly new, very nicely decorated, rooms very nice and well appointed. Outdoor pool area was very relaxing with a nice view over a very pretty lake area. There was a boardwalk for walking all around the lake (maybe a mile long), which we took advantage of. There is a very good restaurant on premises and we had a wonderful dinner there and a very extensive and excellent quality breakfast buffet the next morning. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the Saint Petersburg area!

Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Nice hotel with great facility but front desk staff need class in customer appreciation. The restaurant is excellent and bar area very relaxing. Do not waste money on mini suite areas with balcony unless you like watching a parking lot.

Room Tip: Get a room with a lake view.
Homosassa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed here March 7&8, 2013 for my son's wedding which was on March 8. We had 4 rooms booked for family. Everyone was extremely pleased with their rooms! Very clean rooms, helpful staff, delicious breakfast, beautiful lake to walk around. Our family from Conneticut were so excited to have seen an alligator sunning by the lake! Quick ride from Tampa Airport. Hotel was convenient to I-275 for us to drive to Downtown St Pete where the wedding was held. Price was much lower than downtown hotels. Publix supermarket nearby to pick up anything you forget or snacks for your room. We will definitely stay at the hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake. Higher floors have a better view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed there Friday night. View was lovely, except for the air condition deck outside the window. Our window overlooked the pool and the small bridge across the lake. It was beautiful in the morning and in the evening. Loved the walk around the lake on the bridges. I'm not sure what kind of trees garnish the lake but I had an immediate allergic reaction I've never experienced before. About 6 months ago I found out I'm allergic to Japanese Pepper Trees, Cyprus, Cedar trees, and Pigweed. My eye began to tear and swell, so which ever of those plants are in that area it must be high. I read a few reviews before staying here about cleanliness. Our room was very clean except every time I grabbed a Kleenex it was moist. After a few tissues and inspection of the bathroom for air blowing on the Kleenexes I asked my mom to feel one. She said it was indeed moist. I took the box out of the special casing and found that it was wet about 1/2 - 1 inch up the box, as if someone accidentally dropped it in the toilet. I was completely disgusted and hope and pray that I don't get some creepy disease from the tissues. I just took the Kleenex box out and stomped on it and threw it next to the waste basket. Just in case the maid thought it was okay to put it back on the counter. No I didn't report it because I only stayed there one night and the Maid may not have noticed it. Ate at the Luna for breakfast. Food was good. Pancakes could have been a little moister but overall great. Front desk men were really nice and professional. Saw the alligator basking in the morning sun. That was actually fun because I had read how others said to look for it. I enjoyed my visit and raved about it to my co-workers. So I would definitely book here again. I'll just bring my own Kleenexes next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Columbus, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Placed in a room, which was clean and comfortable. However when I opened the window, I was starring at a huge air condition unit. At night the unit made a very annoying high pitched noise, and left me with a sub par nights rest.. I would have loved to move rooms although the hotel had nothing else available per hotel staff. There arelots of nice hotels to choose from in the area.

• Stayed March 2013
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Hilton Saint Petersburg Carillon Park? Share your experiences!