“First Class Hotel, Reasonable Price” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Explore Dali Museum
Ranked #3 of 46 hotels in St. Petersburg
Denver, Pennsylvania
“First Class Hotel, Reasonable Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

In Florida on business and stayed to take in a Phillies spring training game. Hotels near the baseball park were rather expensive and not all that great. We decided to find a location close enough, but, still at a reasonable price. This Hilton is 15 minutes from the park and was great! Fairly new, very nicely decorated, rooms very nice and well appointed. Outdoor pool area was very relaxing with a nice view over a very pretty lake area. There was a boardwalk for walking all around the lake (maybe a mile long), which we took advantage of. There is a very good restaurant on premises and we had a wonderful dinner there and a very extensive and excellent quality breakfast buffet the next morning. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the Saint Petersburg area!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

406 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Nice hotel with great facility but front desk staff need class in customer appreciation. The restaurant is excellent and bar area very relaxing. Do not waste money on mini suite areas with balcony unless you like watching a parking lot.

Room Tip: Get a room with a lake view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Homosassa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed here March 7&8, 2013 for my son's wedding which was on March 8. We had 4 rooms booked for family. Everyone was extremely pleased with their rooms! Very clean rooms, helpful staff, delicious breakfast, beautiful lake to walk around. Our family from Conneticut were so excited to have seen an alligator sunning by the lake! Quick ride from Tampa Airport. Hotel was convenient to I-275 for us to drive to Downtown St Pete where the wedding was held. Price was much lower than downtown hotels. Publix supermarket nearby to pick up anything you forget or snacks for your room. We will definitely stay at the hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake. Higher floors have a better view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed there Friday night. View was lovely, except for the air condition deck outside the window. Our window overlooked the pool and the small bridge across the lake. It was beautiful in the morning and in the evening. Loved the walk around the lake on the bridges. I'm not sure what kind of trees garnish the lake but I had an immediate allergic reaction I've never experienced before. About 6 months ago I found out I'm allergic to Japanese Pepper Trees, Cyprus, Cedar trees, and Pigweed. My eye began to tear and swell, so which ever of those plants are in that area it must be high. I read a few reviews before staying here about cleanliness. Our room was very clean except every time I grabbed a Kleenex it was moist. After a few tissues and inspection of the bathroom for air blowing on the Kleenexes I asked my mom to feel one. She said it was indeed moist. I took the box out of the special casing and found that it was wet about 1/2 - 1 inch up the box, as if someone accidentally dropped it in the toilet. I was completely disgusted and hope and pray that I don't get some creepy disease from the tissues. I just took the Kleenex box out and stomped on it and threw it next to the waste basket. Just in case the maid thought it was okay to put it back on the counter. No I didn't report it because I only stayed there one night and the Maid may not have noticed it. Ate at the Luna for breakfast. Food was good. Pancakes could have been a little moister but overall great. Front desk men were really nice and professional. Saw the alligator basking in the morning sun. That was actually fun because I had read how others said to look for it. I enjoyed my visit and raved about it to my co-workers. So I would definitely book here again. I'll just bring my own Kleenexes next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Columbus, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Placed in a room, which was clean and comfortable. However when I opened the window, I was starring at a huge air condition unit. At night the unit made a very annoying high pitched noise, and left me with a sub par nights rest.. I would have loved to move rooms although the hotel had nothing else available per hotel staff. There arelots of nice hotels to choose from in the area.

• Stayed March 2013
Gardners, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Very clean. Friendly and professional staff. Loved the boardwalk around the lake. Saw lots of wildlife. Very close and convenient to locations such as downtown st pete, beaches, etc (everything was 15-20 min drive either direction). Family friendly.

• Stayed February 2013
Spring, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed with family. Could not get 2 connecting rooms, even though we asked for them when we booked the hotel 4 months ago. Rooms were across the hall instead. Not a big deal for us, but could be for a young family. Walls are very thin. Pillows galore. Front desk was very nice. Breakfast was included with our room. Great food at the buffet and the lunch. No where else to eat close-by except for a sports bar with not so good food. Should have ate dinner at the hotel instead for about the same price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Saint Petersburg Carillon Park? Share your experiences!