“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Homosassa, Florida
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed here March 7&8, 2013 for my son's wedding which was on March 8. We had 4 rooms booked for family. Everyone was extremely pleased with their rooms! Very clean rooms, helpful staff, delicious breakfast, beautiful lake to walk around. Our family from Conneticut were so excited to have seen an alligator sunning by the lake! Quick ride from Tampa Airport. Hotel was convenient to I-275 for us to drive to Downtown St Pete where the wedding was held. Price was much lower than downtown hotels. Publix supermarket nearby to pick up anything you forget or snacks for your room. We will definitely stay at the hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake. Higher floors have a better view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed there Friday night. View was lovely, except for the air condition deck outside the window. Our window overlooked the pool and the small bridge across the lake. It was beautiful in the morning and in the evening. Loved the walk around the lake on the bridges. I'm not sure what kind of trees garnish the lake but I had an immediate allergic reaction I've never experienced before. About 6 months ago I found out I'm allergic to Japanese Pepper Trees, Cyprus, Cedar trees, and Pigweed. My eye began to tear and swell, so which ever of those plants are in that area it must be high. I read a few reviews before staying here about cleanliness. Our room was very clean except every time I grabbed a Kleenex it was moist. After a few tissues and inspection of the bathroom for air blowing on the Kleenexes I asked my mom to feel one. She said it was indeed moist. I took the box out of the special casing and found that it was wet about 1/2 - 1 inch up the box, as if someone accidentally dropped it in the toilet. I was completely disgusted and hope and pray that I don't get some creepy disease from the tissues. I just took the Kleenex box out and stomped on it and threw it next to the waste basket. Just in case the maid thought it was okay to put it back on the counter. No I didn't report it because I only stayed there one night and the Maid may not have noticed it. Ate at the Luna for breakfast. Food was good. Pancakes could have been a little moister but overall great. Front desk men were really nice and professional. Saw the alligator basking in the morning sun. That was actually fun because I had read how others said to look for it. I enjoyed my visit and raved about it to my co-workers. So I would definitely book here again. I'll just bring my own Kleenexes next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Columbus, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Placed in a room, which was clean and comfortable. However when I opened the window, I was starring at a huge air condition unit. At night the unit made a very annoying high pitched noise, and left me with a sub par nights rest.. I would have loved to move rooms although the hotel had nothing else available per hotel staff. There arelots of nice hotels to choose from in the area.

• Stayed March 2013
Gardners, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Very clean. Friendly and professional staff. Loved the boardwalk around the lake. Saw lots of wildlife. Very close and convenient to locations such as downtown st pete, beaches, etc (everything was 15-20 min drive either direction). Family friendly.

• Stayed February 2013
Spring, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed with family. Could not get 2 connecting rooms, even though we asked for them when we booked the hotel 4 months ago. Rooms were across the hall instead. Not a big deal for us, but could be for a young family. Walls are very thin. Pillows galore. Front desk was very nice. Breakfast was included with our room. Great food at the buffet and the lunch. No where else to eat close-by except for a sports bar with not so good food. Should have ate dinner at the hotel instead for about the same price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed Saturday night for business trip. Walls extremely thin, was woken up at 0200 with roudy, drunken group in the hallway and in the room next door. Figured noise would die down but after 30 min with no relief I was forced to call the front desk. Front desk staff did respond promptly and room next door was vacated. However, once awake it was difficult to get back to sleep and pretty much left me with a bad ending to my stay. When attempting to speak to the front desk staff during check out at 0730, they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. Nothing special about this hotel that would make me return.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tunnel Hill, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

A friendly and efficient front desk, although I arrived early and my king room was not yet ready, upon return in 1-1/2 hours as promised, my room was ready, very clean, quiet, and no real complaints. My ice bucket was left full of water the second day but if that's the only thing there is to complain about, then I count this a real find. Like the free parking and easy access. Very close to the St. Petersburg/Clearwater airport so could have gotten by without a car rental. The only food I ate on premise was with a conference group dinner, but it was very good and the staff efficient at serving. Panera Bread and a couple of other restaurants within walking distance, along with a Publix. Would recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Saint Petersburg Carillon Park? Share your experiences!