“Great for business.” 4 of 5 stars

Explore Dali Museum
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in St. Petersburg
“Great for business.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed at this property for 3 nights in January 2013. I was a little taken back at the location - in a business park and a confusing and wandering one at that, but the staff and accomodations were spot-on. My room had a balcony that overlooked the front of the hotel. You could see a spot of the the bay in the background - so the view wasn't scenic, but it was still nice to experience the FL weather with the fountains as background noise. Room service was OK, nothing remarkable, but not bad either. I did enjoy the 9th floor concierge for breakfast in the am, and one evening. Very nice selections for breakfast and evening snacks & staff was very accomodating when I needed a bottle opener for some non-macro beer selections. I'm looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel is about 10 miles north of the Dali Museum, but quite easy to get to. Clean, quiet, the public rooms and the guest rooms are what you would want in a Hilton. Staff is friendly, and our dinner of filet medallions were quite good, and a freshly prepared breakfast was more than adequate. Since we stayed on the "executive level," I guess I was expecting a more spacious room, but it was certainly large enough for an overnighter. The countertops are granite, and the bathroom sized is adequate. We had two beds, but if there were more than two people in the room, the room would probably shrink quite quickly. Our requested view over the lake was a good choice. There really is nothing to complain about at this hotel, I just expected from the reviews to be wowed, but instead, by reaction was "nice."

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Birmingham, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is a clean hotel with a very friendly staff. There is a restaruant I did not eat at BUT while at dinner one night a local person said it was a very good place to eat. There is an awesome place to run behind the hotel around a lake/pond. It is a great place to stay if you are visiting nearby businesses such as RayJay, TransAmerica, Franklin Templeton, HSN and so on

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed here for two weeks during Christmas and New Year, clean and beautiful hotel, lovely pool and hot tu, restaurant was not bad too, stuff were very friendly as well, especially this hotel was very quiet which I really preferred. There were free wi-fi in each room which was excellent. overall, great !

There is a lake outside the hotel, sometimes I can see a small alligator inside.

Btw, there is a supermarket very close to the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I recently stayed at this Hilton and was of course impressed with the classy lobby, beautiful restaurant with great food. The staff were generally very polite and attentive to everything. The room was "clean" and the housekeeping staff were very thorough. Several people have already commented on the desirability of a view of the lake - I would second those comments. HOWEVER - I found out that the CORNER ROOMS are very prone to cockroaches. I was there for two nights, three days. On my first night while working at the desk, a cockroach about the size of silver dollar was scurrying across the floor. Being the city boy I am - I jumped to high heaven. Eventually collected myself and smashed the little critter. When I called the front desk to complain, the response was quite flippant and it really annoyed me. "This is south Florida you know" was what he said. EXCUSE ME??? So because I'm in south Florida I'm supposed to be okay with a cockroach in my room? If I were by the pool - ok. In the lobby - maybe. Heck - even on my balcony...but in my room? On the 6th floor???

He did say I could change rooms if I'd like but I was pretty settled and he even said that every now and then one gets in from outside so I chalked it up to being an anomaly and stayed. Nothing else seen the rest of the night or the second the night.

But then...

The morning of my third day, as I was brushing my teeth right over the bathroom sink, what scurries out of the little drain hole right below my chin? You guessed it...another huge cockroach! After disposing quickly of this one I let the front desk person know and they laughed it off. I asked about some sort of compensation and they said "maybe" a free night or points. I said points would be great...and you know what...NOTHING. No follow up, no points, no nothing. So - while I will have to return to the area some time in May - I will be much more judicious in my room selection. Highest floor possible and NOT on the corner with a balcony.

Room Tip: Avoid corner rooms as they are more prone to having critters.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Located in the business park district of Carillon Park, this property is somewhat of a hidden gem in the area, as it is somewhat "in the middle of nowhere". Located approximately 15 minutes away from Tampa Int'l airport, off I-275, this property is next to a lake and a small park/preservation area, which is surrounded by several business offices including Raymond James, Franklin Templeton, Smith&Nephew - just to name a few. It is not "close" to the beach area - located about midway between beaches and airport.

The property, although obviously not new, has been extremely well maintained over the years. Catering to the needs of the nearby business community, the hotel features a mix of standard and suite-like rooms. Although not a "long-term stay" hotel, the suites are relatively comfortable and have amenities such as a separate dining area.

The Executive Lounge, small in size, can get crowded with larger families during the week-end. the breakfast offering was excellent, offering a warm egg dish, warm meat (sausage/bacon), pastries, toasts, juices, cereals, oatmeal,... On the coffee side, the lounge was equipped with a Nespresso machine. Staff in the lounge was helpful and extremely friendly. One area of improvement though would be around what I considered to be safe food handling. With many people allergic to nuts/peanuts these days, I find it unacceptable that pastries that do not contain nuts, are puts in the same serving tray as items that do. There were nuts crumbling all over each pastry tray making it unsafe even for those with a "mild" allergy.

The room provided was clean and of a good size (I stayed in a suite). AC/Heat was a bit of an issue on day 2 as the heat did not kick-in. Other than that, everything was in working order. The room featured a nice balcony with a view of the lake and the actual Carillon. High Speed internet is complimentary and worked fine during our stay. We also had to use the sofabed during the stay which I found to be surprisingly comfortable (sofabed, especially hotel ones are know to be notoriously uncomfortable).

We did order room service during our stay. Room service staff was accommodating (eg: allowing for a late snack item to be ordered during regular business hours) and the price quite reasonable for hotel food. I would not say that this was great value however as the food taste was quite underwhelming. Portion size was acceptable for the price.

This hotel is extremely good value for the leisure traveller/family for week-end stays or holidays - as the hotel is virtually empty at those time (the focus being the weekday business traveller, going to a nearby office). Those that are members of the Hilton Honors point may even be able to score a premium room (like a suite) for less than what is usually required for a regular room!!!

Other than a walk around the lake (very nice boardwalk, with birds/marine life to be seen), there is very little to do for the leisure traveller near the hotel. There is one or two restaurant nearby, as well as one Publix market but this is about it. It is a fairly central and convenient base for somewhat who wants to visit the beach area, as well as enjoy the mainland activity, such as theme parks, zoos and downtown Tampa.

There is a nice heated pool on-site

I definitely would go back

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was a beautiful hotel. Would love to some back here with my family. The outside is just gorgeous, pool and hot tub, dining areas. The restaurant is fabulous! Tastes like 4 star food. The bar area is very nice. All the employees in all the parts of the hotel were so nice and helpful! We will definitely be coming here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Saint Petersburg Carillon Park? Share your experiences!