“Good Movie Theater but nothing else” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Activities: Shopping
Naples, Italy
46 attraction reviews
“Good Movie Theater but nothing else”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is a good place to go see a movie. Typical large cinemaplex. The nearby parking deck is also convenient to other downtown attractions and restaurants. Unfortunately most (now, I think ALL) of the storefronts are empty. It's a sad looking place. Still I've never felt scared for my safety, even though it's deserted. It has a lot of potential. I hope it gets redeveloped soon.

Visited May 2012

Mich
5 attraction reviews
“Where are the other stores?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The Muvico Theater is an excellent part of Baywalk, but where are the other stores and restaurants?? Didn't see any signs of future tenants and the place was 90% empty. Parking is easy because there were hardly any people in the place.

Seminole, Florida
“Try Muvico at BayWalk again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

March 10 2013 I went to BayWalk today an saw a 10 am movie. Parked on the street. Accidentally left my cell phone in the car. It was still there when i returned after the movie. Took my elderly mother with a cane. We felt 110% safe.People even opened doors for us. We went in Muvico which has 20 theaters.Iit is very clean and well maintained.Still looks brand new. When we left we still felt completely safe. So Sunday morning was a safe time to go. I have also been to farmers market near the progress energy field down town. It is full of energy music, arts,crafts and every kind of food you would want to eat. Also you can stroll walk, jog, along the waterway. I felt completely safe;. I hope more stores open up at BayWalk again. There were a lot of young families at Movie theater. All ages at farmers market. St Pete is becoming the place to be at again.

Clearwater, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Went to Muvico Baywalk 20 IMAX Theater. It was awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We wanted to see IMAX 3-D version of Jack the Giant Slayer playing at the Baywalk 20 in downtown St Petersburg and were pleasantly surprised.

Lots of convenient parking which is free if across from the theater entrance only (not the side parking garage). Went into the theater and it was very clean, big, and nice. Automated ticket pickup kiosks if you buy your tickets ahead of time and have the confirmation number that allows you to skip the line.

We saw security present which is a positive in my book. The Inside of the theater was very classic looking but with comfortable chairs. I thought of all the theaters I have been to this was probably in the top 2-3 and I plan on coming back many times in the future if I plan on going out to the movies. Everyone was well behaved and there wasn't roving packs of loud teenagers.

The snack bar was very large and had many selections along with a popcorn station to season and butter your popcorn as you see fit. Restrooms were conveniently located near the theater doors so you don't have to walk a mile to run to the bathroom during the movie. The theater was immaculately clean and the staff was attentive and helpful when my wife and I purchased our concessions. The game area in the lobby had a classic pinball machine too! However I didn't have enough time to play.

Prior to coming here I was concerned about some of the prior negative reviews, however I found my experience was quite the opposite of what I had read. Apparently they must have responded to the criticism about the theater being too cold as my wife and I found the inside temperature to be very comfortable ~ 70-72 degrees is what we estimated.

I was a little concerned just because of how uncrowded the theater was and worry that lack of business could cause problems in the future. I hope that doesn't happen and would encourage people who like to go to the movies to go here as this place is way better than most of the other choices in Pinellas County from my experience.

Sun City Center, Florida
27 attraction reviews
“Movie theatre is excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We wanted to see a movie and since it was a more adult type movie (Quartet directed by Dustin Hoffman and starring Maggie Smith) it was only playing at the Baywalk 20 in downtown St Petersburg.

This is one of the nicest movie theatres we have been in. Big comfortable reclined chairs with wide armrests and good space for cupholders. They don't sell coffee at the theatre though many people were looking for a coffee stand in the theatre. Not a big problem, have a coffee at one of the little shops across the road. Apparently parking is free if you get your ticket stamped and find the lot they used on a side street.

We walked around the neighborhood and found there are nice restaurants and cafes. Would like to plan our day around spending more time walking around the streets and trying a restaurant, and then a movie.

By the way, if you are over 55 and enjoy a well made good quality British movie, don't miss Quartet.

Visited February 2013