“ok” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations
“ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

when the original guys that started the outback if was very good. then it changed might have been sold to someone else. it's not the same anymore. i think its not a good like it once was.
cody's road house i think is better.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Mims, Florida
“Food was delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I normally order a steak at a steak house, but was not feeling it. So, I ordered the Aussie Cobb Salad with fried chicken strips. It was really good and fresh. Just what I was looking for. My wife did order a steak, and it was cooked perfectly. The waiter was very attentive and made sure all our needs were quickly met. Convenient to downtown St. Pete and will be back.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Springfield
“Not bad, but not what it use to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I wish we had spent our vaction evening dining somewhere else. Outback has really went downhill. The whole steakhouse feeling is gone and the quality of the steak is not what it use to be. The place was not very clean, and had a little bit of a bad smell to it.
The waitress was excellent, in fact the staff there were friendly and if it wasn't for that I probably would have rated this experience lower.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Skip this outlived restaurant chain”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

If you are looking for the good old days when The Outback was actually a serious restaurant, do not bother coming here; visit it in your dreams. It had been years since I had frequented an Outback, having enjoyed many a great meal at the Henderson store in Tampa. Upon entering, we were greeted by five people at the front desk, only one recognizing what to do when a customer approaches. As we stood there, a manager walked up and began chewing out one of the servers at the desk for not completing their sidework, which took the already obscure focus away from us, the customer. Finally realizing what he had done, he quickly demanded that his employees take care of us! Smooth move, Exlax; blame the server for your poor choice of when and where to do your corrections! We were then seated at a supposedly clean table, complete with food and unidentified liquid on both booth seats. Our server eventually arrived, took our drink order, then our food order. I ordered the 10 ounce rib-eye-medium, my wife, the sirloin/shrimp special-medium rare. Both came out under cooked and very over seasoned (what were they covering up, I still wonder?). Mine was so salty that my lips felt as though I had been swimming in the Gulf. Neither of us finished our meals. The server was kind enough to notice this and credited the special. I mourn the demise of a good restaurant chain, even before they accept their own fate. And, I'll savour the memory rather than another steak there ever again.

• Visited November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Worst Smelling Restaurant In St. Pete...maybe even in the whole world!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

As soon as you walk in you can smell it...that horrible never been cleaned properly, kitchen shoe, old cheese, sour dumpster smell. The closer you sit to the bar, the worse the odor is. I cannot stand to eat here., I have gone twice with a friend (idiot has a crush on the bartender) and each time I was over-come by the odor and got "bathrooom" sick from the food.
Spend your money at a locally owned restaurant...there are tons of them in St.Pete that are 100% better than this dive.. and cheaper!!!!! ..and I've eaten at Outbacks all over the country, but this one is the absolute worst ever!

• Visited September 2011