“None better --- anywhere” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch
Gainesville, Florida
“None better --- anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I travel all the way from Gainesville to St Pete just to get the "super" at Williams. Fair price and great taste. I've had none better anywhere. They are fantastic! Wish they had a shop in Gainesville too.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Clearwater, Florida
“GREATEST SUBS IN ST.PETE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Very friendly staff. If you do eat here there potatoe salad is to die for! I had the yum- yum sandwhich cooked with everything on it, adn I loved it. It was to die for!We chatted with a few locals who said the have came once a week for the last 30 years. It has been around since the 70's. The location is not in the perfect place, it was very ghetto. Actually saw a homeless man standing right outside asing us for money when we walked up. They do take out and dine in, Over all I would eat here over and over again

Visited October 2012
Saint Petersburg, FL
“Simply good sandwiches.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012 via mobile

Simply good sandwiches. Love the Yum Yum Club and potato salads. Don't skip the pepper and pickle relishes on your sub.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Largo, Florida
“ALMOST THIRTY YEARS AGO I STOPPED IN...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Not too many places today you can brag you have eaten there for almost thirty years but I have. I worked across the street from their location and it was known for two things;
Great subs that haven't changed in all that time, they added a lot more to the menu, and the latest news on the events occurring at one particular sports venue. the Dog Track... It's all we really had thirty years ago in quiet St. petersburg.

I still eat the same thing every time I go in and the boss lady, whom I have known the whole time doesn't have to change a thing. Thats what folks like about the place. They know what they like, and it doesn't change. They do a lot of pickups and out takes and a short line at lunchtime.

It's really big with the locals and thats a good sign, no hype, no 6-12 spiel, no specials just hearty food. Hmmm, thats why I go there. The food not atmosphere.

I get the Supreme, loaded, all the way with mayo and hot pepper relish, their potato salad is better than any thing I have had elsewhere and a couple Mountain Dews. Thats my lunch about once a week. I have actually driven half way cross town when inspired.

The place as many have said looks like it did back in the seventies except for the wall the pickup truck tried to go thru. It's rumored, just a rumor after the crash someone yelled "use the door next time stupid!"

They patched the wall and back to making subs, it's what they do best. This is not the place for atmosphere, this is a place to go eat and I have never walked out hungry, just stuffed...

Great little joint, said with affection...

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seminole, Florida
“Best Lunch in a long time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

This is not the place you want to sit and enjoy the atmoshere, but the food is phenomenal. My dad and I get together atleast once a week and this has been our go to place. We have been ordering the turkey salad and splitting it! The portion sizes are huge and every item on the menu is bursting with flavor. The YumYum club is also a great menu item. Make sure you bring cash, because they do not accept credit.

• Visited February 2012