“No frills, good service & great food!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Hong Kong, China
“No frills, good service & great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Lunched there 3x in 3 weeks, so it must be good!

The place has this ramshackle look, and they even have a van parked outside to match (see photo). It's almost always full and seating is tight, but the food and service more than make up for it.

Our favorites were the clam strips, Whole Fish Corvina (crispy outside and so good) and the Alaskan Snow Crab. The fresh shucked oysters were so-so; the steamed clams with butter was better.

Staff was pleasant and very attentive, and service was fast. Good value for your money. I'd go there again next time I'm in St. Petersburg.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Montreal, Canada
“Blue crab heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Service was fast. Price was right , Crabs with Old Bay seasoning were exquisite. Pitcher of beer was very affordable. Amazing meal. Great staff and pleasant atmosphere. Was a 20 minutes drive from our hotel but even if it was an hour away we would still go. Made our trip memorable.

• Visited April 2014
Paterson, New Jersey
“Just what I needed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

A local place just across the street from the new high-rise we moved into went for a quick bite. A great little place a warm welcome delicious food. Just perfect for a first visit feeling homesick in our new home I now have a new favorite restaurant in ST. PETERSBURG. I love with a waitress called me honey. The first time I ever ordered fish sticks in my life and never get it and don't leave without a slice of key lime pie

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Best seafood dive restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

This is my go-to restaurant for truly delicious and authentic fried seafood, and steamed blue crabs. It dates back to the late 40s and is all ramshackle goodness! It is a come-as-you-are kind of place, and unless you are stuffy and have to be impressed by your surroundings then this is your place for fun, and just good food. I love it for lunch and dinner. Though I have eaten here numerous times, this is the first time I sat down to write a glowing review.

• Visited March 2014
Wesley Chapel, Florida
“Good seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Some friends and I came for lunch a coupe of times. Cannot beat the blue crab specials they had! I love blue crabs and they had a garlic flavor with it that just made it better. I will definitely come here whenever I am in the area. Great seafood restaurant!

• Visited November 2013