“Good restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I was visiting Tampa bay with my wife for pleasure and selected this restaurant when we wanted to eat Indian food.

The outside facade got us nervous as the building looks old. However, I did notice this trend with many other restaurants in the area.

Inside, the decor is splendid- a lot of embroidery, artifacts and decorative items. Indian restaurants can go overboard with Indian decorations sometimes, especially when it's not realistic but, gaudy. But, Gateway to India made a good effort and combined it with fine dining upholstery.

Food and service was very good. Both veg and meat dishes were delicious. All Indian breads were good quality. The staff looks well trained, professional and cordial. They honored any request we had.

Overall, the food, service and experience were all more than satisfactory. I will return to eat when I am back in the area.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Gulf Shores, Alabama
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here for the evening meal. We cook Indian food frequently and have friends from India with whom we eat and dine out. The food here was delicious, the service courteous and prompt, and the atmosphere very comfortable and pleasant. This should be listed as one of St. Pete's best restaurants.

Visited December 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

The food was excellent. It seemed very fresh and good quality. The decor was pleasant. We went at lunch and the service was slower than cold molasses in January. Polite but way too slow for lunch time and a bit confused. We will go back though. Hopefully they'll get the kinks worked out or high a few fast waitresses.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Warm welcome & wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We discovered this fabulous indian restaurant by chance this evening and we're very glad we did. The service was faultless, the food was extremely tasty and the ambience was wonderfully warm and cosy. We will be returning! First class.

Germantown, Tennessee
“Best Indian food in Pinellas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Had an enjoyable dinner here with my husband tonight. The chicken tikka was moist and the sauce had a wonderful flavor. The lamb vindaloo was tender with great flavor! Service was excellent. My only gripe is that I don't want to be able to see into a restroom from where I am eating. That area needs revisiting and the bathrooms need updating. All in all, I will be back, but will ask to sit in a different part of the restaurant.

• Visited November 2013