“always reliable for fresh seafood” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Orlando, Florida
“always reliable for fresh seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Just had lunch there and enjoyed raw oysters and a Po Boy, my friend had a fish sandwich and it was all delicious and fresh. We always eat there when we visit St Pete, highly recommend it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
“Good Value Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We met good friends here. We all enjoyed Grouper, shrimp, and scallops. The side of Red Beans & Rice was an exceptionally good side too. Our server, Austin, was helpful and attentive. The ambiance was good and the place was busy on Saturday night but we got seated right away at 5:30. The Blackened Grouper was great. We all concluded that we would return again!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Clearwater, Florida
“Great Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have gone many times. The atmosphere is relaxing and the food is good. The Clam Chowder is the best thing here. It is amazing. Seating both in and out of the restraunt is comfortable.

Visited March 2012
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
“Good fried seafood place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The food is what it is - lots of fried stuff with no mistakes in the execution- excellent fish spread some of the best I've had. Great friendly service. Most the the fish species and the crab are not native to Florida - so, no surprises there. I'd go back when I was in the mood for a fried meal. Beyond that, not exceptional for a stand alone - concept restaurant.

BTW _Tripadvisor is a poor resource for foodies because it is almost impossible to post reviews for new or undiscovered restaurants unless they have a web site. For this reason, I have stopped trying to post reviews for new restaurants and will continue to add my 2 cents worth to the already established places.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Dayton, Ohio
“Another good visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is not a fancy place but when I am longing for fried clams, this is where I go. I always loved HowardnJohnsons fried clams and miss that chain's demise. But Fourth Street Shrimp Store is a good substitute. They fry them with a light, tasty batter. We enjoyed our meals including truly good husg puppies - probably the best I have tasted. Good food and good service - what else do you want?

• 5 of 5 stars Food