“Last year for the Pier” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
East Moline, Illinois
“Last year for the Pier”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The view from the top is marvelous. The food was real good at the restaurant at the top and were able to watch a school of Dolphins swimming in the water below. We also got a chance to feed the Pelicans and our children loved that. I hear they will be closing the Pier sometime in 2013 to build a new structure.

Visited April 2012

47% Recommend
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Nice but could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The St Petersburg Pier is in a beautiful location overlooking the water. I love the long walkway to the pier to look at the water. However, the pier building itself is not that pretty; it's more like an old mall with all its rundown stores inside. It doesn't begin to compare to other touristy piers that I've been to like the Santa Monica Pier or the Navy Pier in Chicago. There is a nice bike rental place though just outside the pier that I highly recommend. There are bikes everywhere around here!

Visited December 2012
Miami, Florida
“Very nice view from the roof”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This being such a high point for the town, it is worth the stop there, though other than the view, there is nothing very unusual about the attraction.

Visited November 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Typical Tourist Destination”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I just came back from my first trip to St. Petersburg. There were signs everywhere to visit the Pier Marketplace. So I had to try it.

First, they said the valet was full. So I had to turn around and park in a public pay lot about a half mile away. But the walk down was nice because you could look out and see the water.

Once I got into the main building, it looked kind of scummy. Almost like a run-down mall. There were a couple trinket stores on the first floor and a food court. But the food court was empty, so I took the elevator up to the 2nd floor.

The 2nd floor was a pay-to-visit aquarium, so I kept going up to the 4th and 5th floors. The view from the observation deck on the 5th floor was amazing. I liked it so much that I decided to sit and eat at Cha Cha Coconuts overlooking the water.

I wandered around the Pier Marketplace for maybe an hour or two, but it's not a big area to visit.

Visited September 2012
Athens, Georgia
“The view was nice, but really typically touristy.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Power was out due to a storm, but they still had generator power, so we were able to get an excellent cheeseburger and a nice view. Cheesy, family friendly storefronts abound. Free Trolley to get here, but we walked because it was so pretty!

Visited June 2012