“iF YOU LIKE iNDIAN FOOD, THIS PLACE IS A MUST!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet
FL
“iF YOU LIKE iNDIAN FOOD, THIS PLACE IS A MUST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

We had dinner last night at ajanta and loved everything and loved everthing about it. They had a cauliflower appetizer that was the most wonderful thing we ever tasted. We had soup, appetizers, wine, dinners and two kinds of naan for $50. The naan is the best we've ever had as well. We were thoroughly catered to. This is a great restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

cincinnati
“Outstanding Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

I visited Ajanta, when I was in St.Petersburg for a vacation. I ordered Paneer Butter Masala and tandoori roti. The food was awesome. So was the service. We liked it so much that we visited again the next day for lunch buffet. Lunch buffet was also very good. Very authentic taste. Once you get past the interior of the restaurant, you will love the food they serve.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
new york
“Excellent Food!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

I was a guest at the Ramada and I was in the mood for Indian food and the staff at the hotel told me that there was an Indian Restaurant downstairs so I didn’t even have to go far which was excellent. They had an elaborate lunch buffet with vegetarian and non-vegetarian selections. The butter chicken was not too heavy, it was just perfect, the tandoori chicken was so juicy and delicious and they were generous sizes of chicken. The vegetarian dishes were really good, I’m not a big fan of eating vegetarian dishes in restaurants but they looked so good and I tried it and it was delicious. At night I went to have dinner and I ordered from the menu. They had such a wide variety of dishes to choose from but I finally narrowed my choice down to a few dishes. The tandoori shrimp was amazing! I realize how huge the portions were when they actually brought out my order. I was only able to eat a little bit and I had to get the rest packed. The food was excellent and the price was extremely reasonable for the amount and quality of food you get. Whenever I am in the area I always stay at the Ramada Mirage and I only eat at Ajanta. The staff was great, food was excellent, I love this place!!!!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa, FL
“Best For Sunday Buffet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2009

My fiance and I have been going here for over 5 years. Have been there for weekday lunch and Sunday buffet. We've been to many Indian restaurants over the years and find their food one of the best in the area. Their Sunday buffet is the best! We drive quite a distance just to go there because we love it. They put out a big spread for Sundays. The service isn't always the best but noticed it has been getting better. Yes, they could use some improvement on the decor but I can overlook that. Some of the best food doesn't come out of beautiful places. Yes, this place draws a lot of native Indians - which is a good sign.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
redhatterathome
“GOOD FOOD, BAD DECOR!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2009

My Family and I have moved to the Bay area from London England. We were in the mood for Indian one night and decided to go here. It was delicious!! The decor is odd though, fake dusty orchids, light up Great Wall of China and pink table cloths. The seats (booth) always have a weird bump in them. If they change their decor and chairs this restaraunt would be getting 5 stars!!