“Better than many hotel venues” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marchand's Bar & Grill

Marchand's Bar & Grill
501 5th Avenue NE, Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
727-824-8072
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Marchand's Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 722 restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American, Continental
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Beach Drive
Description: Featuring award-winning American cuisine with a Floribean flair. Join us for our Sunday Brunch from 10am - 2pm. Our downtown St. Petersburg, FL restaurant’s menu features fresh seafood, braised meats, seasonal fruit and pastries.
Farmington, CT
“Better than many hotel venues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We checked into the Vinoy and went into Marchands for lunch. The atmosphere is Old World elegance ( the room has been restored to 1925 style). The waitress was helpful since I do not eat meat, she offered to "Build a Burger" for me using a chicken breast! The food was tasty and the portions so large as to make a full dinner unnecessary.
Yes, it is pricey, expected in a resort, but surely $5 for a hot tea is a little over the top,

Visited January 2014

77% Recommend
Monument, Colorado
“Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

A bit pricey, but the food was fabulous, and the atmosphere is very nice. Our waitress was attentive, and we really enjoyed our breakfast buffet.

Visited December 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“What happened”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

This is hard for me to say..very disappointed! St Pete is my home town & I have eaten/attended functions in this hotel many times. My son (19yrs old) likes to dine out on Christmas Day (says a lot for my cooking) & in fact we ate Xmas lunch at this same restaurant last year. What a shock it was this time. Our server (Donald) was wonderful but the food was awful. The menu was Fix Prix with 4 courses. The soup was fine. The salad had waay too much pepper on it with an ugly 'chunk' of very cold, hard Brie! However I could have lived with that if the entree had been even close to edible..I received a huge, thick chunk of lamb so tough I could barely cut it. It had absolutely no flavor & was placed on a mishmash of tasteless pasta/brussel sprouts. My son ordered duck & was hugely disappointed. I don't think I've ever encountered tough duck breast..usually the fatty outer skin left on during roasting imparts a wonderfully moist, tasty flavor..not so this time. My son changed knives twice..& still couldn't cut into the meat. Overall a very poor offering..I'm not saying I won't go back..but I hate that this restaurant may become hit & miss. I just heard that the chef is in fact the same one for several years however some of the kitchen staff are new..possibly a teaching opportunity?

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Jonathan S, Manager at Marchand's Bar & Grill, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Chrissy D,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and I am sincerely sorry for your Christmas Day Dinner expereince.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. I would love to invite you and your son back to try our new weekend A la Carte Brunch. Please call me and we can discuss further, 727.824.8055.

Jonathan S
Sr Manager Ops, B&F
Boca Raton, Florida
“Christmas eve”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

My family and I decided to visit my brother in St Pete for Christmas and have Christmas eve dinner somewhere nice/upscale. We made a reservation by phone sometime in October at Marchand's restaurant in the Vinoy/Renaissance hotel. There was an error on the reservation when I received the confirmation, I wrote back twice and never received a response therefore I had to call back.

Last night (Christmas eve) we had dinner there, the food was quite average, the service was OK but there were not very flexible when it came to substituting some of the side orders (vegetables) my wife does not like meat and ordered the sword fish which oddly came with a side of Rizoto carbonara. Why put a vegetarian meal with a a side order of "bacon" ... really! When she asked to substitute this they said that they couldn't do this

It was nice to get together with family for a family dinner, however I would certainly not recommend that you have this dinner at Marchand's.

Merry Christmas to all

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Underwhelming and disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Recently joined you for a family dinner to celebrate the holiday - menu was overpriced and had unusual items featured. And not in a good way.

Service was very poor. We had 11 people in our group and only 1 person assigned to us - took a long time to get drinks - refills of soda/coffee - checks at the end of the meal. Had to track down our server so he would stop by the table.

We were in a private room which we thought would be neat but it added to our being under-attended by the service staff. Overall not a good experience. Will affect our decision to return.

Visited December 2013