“Delightful!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Sarasota, Florida
“Delightful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This place has really grown on me. I wasn't a huge fan the first time I went but after going several times I find that I like it more and more. It's a fun pub-like atmosphere and the food is very tasty, and the service is super fast! I have had mostly the curry dishes but everytime we leave here my plate is clean and my belly is full! Would definitely recommend!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Eloy, Arizona
“Great food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant by our realtor, and since being in this area my husband has been trying to find just fish and chips. We went down and found it easily on the waterfront.
My husband ordered the fish and chips, he was asked if he wanted a half order or full...he went with the full and as he say he got a piece of fish the size of a size 12 shoe LOL. He so enjoyed it and left more than full but said next time he would order 1/2 order so as to enjoy some desert. I ordered the beef pasties and it was sooo good and big too, great comfort food with lots to eat. Our service was excellent friendly chatty and always there if we needed something. I would recommend this to anyone looking for great british fare and good food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Florida
“Improves with age!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I try to visit at least a few times a year, and can honestly say the quality of the food and service has improved a lot. Let me explain, at one time, the menu was limited for 'traditional' food, but thankfully, those items are back. The cod and chips - just brilliant! Right now they have a beer on offer at $3 a pint!
Always good to see the owner Alan walking around, and justifiably proud! Even after all these years, he hasn't lost his Welsh accent!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great location/food, service was less than adequate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Visited here after reading reviews in Trip Advisor. Great location! The restaurant itself has a lot of character. I had the Fish n Chips. Huge piece of cod! Very good and served hot (a rarity these days)! My partner had the Cuban sandwich (a new discovery during our visit to this area) and it was very good as well!
The service was horrible. An older waitress who acted as if she could care less that we were there. She would disappear and was not attentive.
A man who appeared to be an owner/manager appeared several times, but never bothered to speak to us until he saw me taking a picture outside and heard mention that it was for my review .
Don't know that we will come back until I hear the service is better.....

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Land O Lakes, Florida
“Great location but has gone downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Used to be our favorite St. Pete restaurant but the service was incredibly inattentive on our last visit, and food not as good as it once was. Too bad because you can't beat the location. Fine for beers!

Visited March 2012